Print Story Equality
Marriage
By Gedvondur (Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 09:23:00 AM EST) Equality, Gay Rights, Patriotism, WWII, GLBT (all tags)
I saw this on my wife's feed on Facebook.

It made me a little misty.  But the message is spot on.

Not terribly long and safe for work.  He's speaking in front of a committee in Maine on gay marriage.

YouTube Video Of WWII Vet Supporting Gay Right To Marry

Awesome statement.  Awesome cause.

I wonder if those against gay marriage know how harshly history is going to judge them?

< What is it about the Ohio River Valley? | Following on from the email enquiry. >
Equality | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cynically, I doubt most will care by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 12:20:02 PM EST
cf. the Virginia Governor race, not enough people care that one candidate feels women should stay at home.

Indeed by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 01:08:43 PM EST
That being said, there is a ton of difference between thinking women should stay at home and legislating it.

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
It's hard to see by garlic (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Oct 23, 2009 at 11:27:36 AM EST
how they could think that and not be some sort of block to any feminist legislation.

That's been floating around for a few months. by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 03:45:29 PM EST
Pretty power stuff, I think.

But sadly, I doubt it will have much of an effect on those who already have their minds made up. Just look what people did to Murtha and Cleland.

judge? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 04:30:27 PM EST
Only God will judge those people!

Click
I am against homosexual marriage and here is why: by hugin (1.00 / 1) #5 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 07:50:47 PM EST
Marriage brings witth it problems.  A lot of problems.  It is not special and unimportant.  Homosexuals do not need to have a devoutly hetrosexual and excessivly loose/peverted institution forced upon them by the heterosexual majority.  The problem with homosexual marriage is that it will be exactly the same as heterosexual marriage!  And what sort of problems hath hetrosexual marriage?  Well, it lacks any sort of binding.  It is as easy to disolve as it is to create.  And it has no particular meaning in the broader world when adultry is not punishable.  What betterment is it to have a bond of marriage for show when the actions of two people that truely love each other can speak for themselves?  Homosexuals need not forced marriage but social acceptance for their love.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
~hulver the loler
Really? by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 09:08:38 PM EST
Okay, listen up, Junior.

I'm a biter.  I freely admit it.  If you handle your trolls right, in a mere week you can have me whining to Hulver and other admins about your presence disrupting my energy flows.

But you GOTTA bring better game than this shit.  I mean come on.  Parts of it don't even make sense.  "It is not special and unimportant."  What the hell is that?

Listen, I'll rise to your troll, no problem but you gotta work at it harder.  Your sloppy work is distracting me from the righteous outrage it should be creating.  Get with the program!

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
As a gay man with HIV. . . by hugin (1.00 / 1) #7 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 09:44:38 PM EST
I am offended.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
~hulver the loler
Trolls these days by hulver (4.00 / 3) #8 Fri Oct 23, 2009 at 04:22:23 AM EST
No stamina building up a persona, just straight in there at full intensity.

No class.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Equality | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback