Print Story on pimpin'
By clock (Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 10:17:18 AM EST) (all tags)
new music ready for download: here.

I'm pretty happy with how this collection turned out.  It's a step away from what I usually do and though it could use some tightening up in certain spots I think it's better to let it out and get to the next project.  It's entirely instrumental as I don't sing.  Lots of guitar weirdness.  In fact the odds are great that if it doesn't sound like a guitar it is in fact a guitar.

My goal is to get 100 people to listen to this album.  I've thought about it a lot and I figure that if I can get 100 people to regularly listen to my work I will consider myself successful.  Let's see if pimping myself via the web 2.0 gets the job done or not.

So download it already and I won't nag again.  Today.

Aside from that, not a lot is going on 'round our place.  I spent Saturday building bunkbeds for The Dude.  They're painted and installed in his room as of last night.  He spent the night in his new bed and seemed quite pleased.  Not bad for a pile of 2x4s, 2x6s, and deck screws.  The thing won't fall apart before he's done with them that's for sure.  And let this be a lesson to us all: if you shop at IKEA you don't get to use your power tools.  What the hell fun is that?

The temperatures have dropped enough for me to breathe and work in the garage.  I can get back to building my various instruments.  This is a good thing because The Dude loves hanging out in the garage with daddy and it's something that tires him out and gives mommy a rest.  It makes my projects overrun their time budgets by roughly 500% but that's the price I pay for having fun.

I read The Old Man and the Sea for the first time this past weekend.  I never cared for Hemingway when I was younger but I appreciate his rhythm and economy.  I feel like I'm starting to get it.  And for the record I do think that the book is really about a man and a fish.

Writing a lot at lunch these days.  I guess my NaNoWriMo started early.  I can't really afford to put off inspiration when it hits.  I'll see if I can do this thing in 30 days anyway.  Or maybe by the end of November so I can pass it around to the cool kids who do stuff like this.

No good whorebucks stories of late, but a good one from lunch yesterday.  I was forced to eat at Subway because it was the lesser of the present evils.  I ordered a meatball sub with nothing on it.

Sandwich Artist™: "You are just like my boyfriend!"
Me: "Your boyfriend is an angry white man who hates his job, drinks bad coffee, and forgets his lunch?"
Sandwich Artist™: "Well, he's not white."

It's rare that I get good give and take.  I laughed.

< Shadowtricks | A good 24-hour period? >
on pimpin' | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
not a lot is going on??!!! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 11:05:04 AM EST
then why am i always running myself to the ground?!

Because you're doing it all by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 11:06:11 AM EST
So clock can relax.

exactly! [n/t] by clock (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:35:46 PM EST

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

You need to get a job by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 11:32:00 AM EST
and force clock to be a househusband.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

i thought about that by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 11:35:01 AM EST
except my high-paying career requires on-call and lots of after hour work.  if i take a position with less of those things, then i will be paid significantly less than clock currently makes.

besides, he refuses to mop and clean up dog poop.

i'll mop. by clock (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:36:10 PM EST
no poop though.  but you knew that going in.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

what's wrong with dog poop? by infinitera (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:54:56 PM EST
It's just a small set of smelly objects easily contained within a plastic bag.

i meant more than usual! by clock (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:35:25 PM EST
geez.  the baseline madness hasn't gone up or down much.  in other words, we're not taking on water nearly as quickly as we once were.

picky, picky!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I facebooked your link by technician (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 11:47:59 AM EST
which will mean at least four people will download it, three of them me.

that's three more than i had! by clock (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:36:28 PM EST
so that's something!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Thanks. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:06:26 PM EST
Free music is cool. Did the iTunes thing not pay off?

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

it made enough to cover its production. by clock (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:37:09 PM EST
but i'd rather have people listen and develop an audience than dive for the "GIMME $10 RIGHT NOW!" thing.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Neat! Music! by ana (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:07:31 PM EST
Listening now.

Also, hooray for NaNo in progress!

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

w00t! by clock (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:37:43 PM EST
let me know what you think!  and are you planning a NaNo for next month?

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Not entirely sure yet by ana (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:39:48 PM EST
on the nano.

I linked to the music on facebook; it might bring some few other types of folks in. One RL friend got interested in the Superhappy Motivated Rock band that way, for example. :-)

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

thanks! by clock (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:41:31 PM EST
let's see the social media 2.0 do it's thang!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Catch the by ana (4.00 / 1) #16 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 12:44:42 PM EST
viral uh flu uh wave of the future!

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

you forgot a poll by R343L (4.00 / 1) #18 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 01:07:05 PM EST
Have you: My answers: yes, no, yes, yes, no, no, <redacted>, <redacted>, what?, what?

I actually like it quite a bit. Has been good for this morning's coding.

Rachael

that's actually an awesome poll! by clock (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 01:13:24 PM EST
where were you when i was whipping up this entry, eh?

and what's with all the redacting?  I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

but doesn't it feel better by R343L (4.00 / 1) #20 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 02:01:57 PM EST
To have a little mystery in your day?

i guess. by clock (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 02:13:53 PM EST
though i find myself less and less excited by the prospect of surprises.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

but by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #26 Wed Oct 21, 2009 at 07:25:22 PM EST
has the album responded or is it being all cold and aloof?

Click
Listening now by motty (4.00 / 1) #22 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 06:28:13 PM EST
Liking it a lot.

Thank you.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

thank you! by clock (4.00 / 1) #23 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 07:03:25 PM EST
i really appreciate the feedback.

one of these days i WILL get to one of your gigs.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

No, thank /you/ by motty (4.00 / 1) #24 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 07:42:04 PM EST
Doesn't look like I'll be playing round your way any time soon, but a man can still dream. Will keep you posted. Similarly let me know if there's any danger of you showing up over this way.

Have you looked at uploading some stuff to The 61? There's a good few music discovery type sites around, and it's hard to tell which ones are and are not worth investing time in, but I think this is a good one. You'll get 100 listeners just on that site alone without too much trouble, and it has a cute 'music discovery as computer game with levels' conceit about it. I'm told it works even better if you sign up as a listener as well as an artist and actually interact with people there and make friends and such. But that's not compulsory.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

hadn't heard of it. by clock (4.00 / 1) #25 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 07:57:42 PM EST
but i will definitely check it out!  thanks for the pointer.

if i make it to your side of the pond you will definitely be made aware.  it's on our TODO list.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I listened by garlic (4.00 / 1) #27 Mon Oct 26, 2009 at 02:26:37 PM EST
Was quite acceptable internet reading background music. Some of it definately seemed like it would fit as the backgrounds to some TAL stories. I wonder how they choose their music?

on pimpin' | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback