Print Story another long overdue entry
By StackyMcRacky (Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:44:59 PM EST) (all tags)
Hello, how the hell are ya?

It seems I was puking for reasons other than the ones I had hoped for.  It bugs me in a "can't do anything about it now" way that I was throwing up for a good three days and I don't know why.  Like littlestar mentioned in another post, you get to be an expert puker and it doesn't even phase you when it happens.

I finally read the book Take Charge of Your Fertility.  Holy crap, why wasn't this book MANDATORY reading when I was 14?  Now I'm taking my temperature readings every morning and doing dip-stick (as clock calls them) readings of my cervical fluid.  We'll see if things work out this cycle.  Also, I now have an accurate method of finding out if I'm pregnant without having to pee on anything.  Marvelous!

Earlier this week I finished up the infamous christmas tree skirt that I have been working on for 5 years.  A whole section of my closet is now empty.  clock will now have to make fun of me for the 400 million other reasons!  Oh yeah, take THAT!

While visiting his family in Ohio, I had clock's mom teach me to crochet.  I wanted to learn the basics so I could make some of these.  The other night, I did.  They're quite simple to make; it was my first crochet project ever, and I knocked it out in a few hours.  Like I said, clock's mom taught me the basics, then I referred to a book and YouTube when I had any questions.  clock says I'm now a multi-crafter.  woo woo!  Anyway, I used my scrubbie last night, and it works pretty well.

The Dude has decided his bed is "too big, too scary" and refuses to sleep in it alone.  He demands one of us sleeping with him OR to sleep on the couch.  Annoying.  This weekend we will make him twin-sized bunk beds and hopefully this problem will go away.  He's been happily sleeping in a full-sized bed since May, I don't know why it's suddenly scary.  Whatever, man.

Everybody lies.  2 is the number of the beast.  Those with kids will agree with me.  My son is feral.  We really have no control over him.  Yesterday I was almost in tears, I was so stressed out over it all.  I keep scouring the internet, hoping to find some magical parenting method that will help me, but there's none.  A few weeks ago, I was in Hobby Lobby and some women behind me were talking.  One was a mom with her 7 month old and 2 year old daughers, the other was a grandmother with her 2 year old granddaughter.  I had to interrupt them and ask the kids' ages again - there is NO way they could be 2 and quietly standing there.  The grandmother looked at me sadly and said, "You have a boy, don't you?  There really is a difference between boys and girls."  Again, I almost cried on the spot.

Tonight, I will try to fix my ironing board and then start making dress shirts for clock.  Men are so much easier to make clothes for than curvy women.  After the shirts, I will attempt pants for myself.  AM I UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?!

We've been crazy busy.  I have 135 messages in my inbox I need to address at some point.  Every weekend is filled with more and more stuff.  I get about 15 minutes a day of alone time with clock.  It sucks.  We desperately need to go camping.

I read Eat to Live and have changed my diet accordingly.  I wish I was a skilled writer and could express what that book (and a few others) has done for me.  We're now 90% vegan.  I avoid consuming oils (I haven't had butter in weeks).  I've also lost 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks (bonus!).  How we eat in this country is disgusting.  I'm changing it for my family.

In other health news, I am in the worst shape of my life (fitness-wise).  It really pisses me off.  I am weak, weak, weak.  I need to change this, but haven't found an effective way yet.  Just another item on my never-ending to-do list.

So yeah, we're probably going to move to Ohio.  I am terrified of telling my parents.  I really don't want to have to sit through all the shit my mother will give me.  I'm also nervous about WINTER.  WINTER is a cute novelty left for other people.  I am a Texan, I need the day star.  Yikes.

I feel like there's a lot more to say, but I don't know where to begin.  That, and there's a dozen other things I need to get done right now and I probably only have another half hour of nap time left.

< La la la. Bastards. | The horror, the horror >
another long overdue entry | 60 comments (60 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I wonder if Mrs. Ha still has her temp charts by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:50:34 PM EST
from nine years ago. Eight year old probably wouldn't appreciate them anyhow.

temp charts are fun! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:53:10 PM EST
most days my BBT is under or just at 97F.  High days are 97.7  I'm a lizard.

So now you can tend to your knitting. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:57:06 PM EST
Do you remember the ABC TV series "Dinosaurs"? The lead characters coped with the toddler's Terrible Twos by holding a 3rd birthday party early...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

my nephew is 2. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:57:33 PM EST
his stay at home mother's idea of a vacation weekend is to hand my nephew off to grandma and then nap and nap and nap.

NONONONONO!! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:58:15 PM EST
Boys are SOOOOOCIALIZED to be li'l Hellions! There's NOOOOO WAY that there could be a biological foundation for aggressive behavior in the lads! It's just bad PAAAARENTING, don'cha know?

heh by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:05:54 PM EST
it's not aggressive, it's just WILD.  seriously:  Raised by Wolves: The Dude's Story

it sounds by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #34 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 03:13:49 AM EST
Like he manipulates you easily, that you let him get away with the scary bed nonsense is a hint.  Karl has gone through the same when we converted his bed to a cot ("daddy ruined my bed, wanna sleep in yours") and when his baby bed go changed back to a cot for Rose and he got a bunk bed with Dylan ("want my bed back, this one too big/scary").  Just be strict.  Worst he can do is throw a tantrum, he'll get over it.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
sigh by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #40 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:02:54 AM EST
he tries to manipulate us, but how exactly do we let him get away with it?  we usually just shut the door to his room and let him cry it out.  so, Mr Superior Parent, what do you suggest, specifically?

Yes, I am in a pissy mood.  You can choose to ignore this comment, unlike I did with yours.

sorry if i offended by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #59 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 10:31:05 AM EST
just sounded like he "got away" with the bed thing, from what you wrote, i must've misunderstood, probably presumption on my part, for which i appologise

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Why TCoYF is not required reading by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:58:47 PM EST
Because it gets lumped in with alternative medicine and, quote, "woo woo hippy crap".

No, I'm not kidding.

Oh, and by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:04:59 PM EST
Yeah, the Terrible Twos are much worse with boys. My daughter (nearly three) will go wild if we let her, but it's almost literally "Mom, Dad, can I go wild and be nuts? Please?" "Okay, honey, but stop when we call" "Wow, great! Thanks!" <war dance ensues>

Our son (nearly two) starts with the war dance at random and can't be stopped with anything short of physical intervention - and even that might only work if his arms and legs are physically restrained.

The only boys I know who don't fit somewhere in that general category are on the Autism spectrum. I figure their parents have probably earned that small bit of grace.

Now, there is "calmer" and "wilder" and to the extent I've been able to draw any sort of inference, the "calmer" end of the pool is populated by the "attachment parenting" babies - but the difference is not what you would call dramatic.

we were attached!!! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:13:34 PM EST
as soon as i found the Ergo baby carrier (under 2 months old), he was attached to me!  it was the only way to keep him calm.  then he started being able to do things, and didn't want to be limited by being hooked up to mommy.  just like i never had to wean him - he just quit taking the boob (at 9 months) because he was too busy, and sucking the teat cramped his style.

clock's mom says he's a wilder version of clock.  that frightens me, as she's more animal handler than mom (she did have 2 boys).

Well, calmer is a relative term by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:19:40 PM EST
And like I said, it's not a dramatic difference. They're a little more likely to respond to attempts to control their behavior and a little more likely to respond to bargaining - "honey, if you can stay here and hold Mommy's hand until we're ready to go, we'll go to the park and you can run all you want".

Our son is not bad, really, overall. He's wild and when he really gets amped up he's impossible to control other than through bondage, but not nearly as bad as many other kids we know - he never bites, for example. But the only thing that comes even close to working on a regular basis is to take him to the park and just run the shit out of him until he can barely move; he'll then be fine for several hours.

Which, of course, means we're dreading the return of the fall / winter rains...

i wish crating was legal by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 04:39:01 PM EST
but it's not.

we have biting issues, along with the wild ones.  he also won't mind, even when it will save his life.  we have yet to find a punishment that will affect him in any way.  now, we're just throwing him into his room and shutting the door until we think he's calmed down a bit.

i know most of the problem is just his being 2, but he's really over the top.  even compared to all the other kids we know, he's over the top.  i blame clock.  this is his mother's curse!

It's *not* legal? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #31 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 09:21:07 PM EST
Oh shi- ! Hey, you can send the lad to Unka D's Toddler Boot Camp and you'll get him back with most of his limbs intact.

we were crating our dog by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #33 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 12:47:21 AM EST
Until he went crazy trying to get out and we were afraid he would hurt himself.

Now he calmly sleeps in his bed in the living room any time we're gone.

He's a weirdo.

the drug companies can't make money off of it by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #9 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:07:15 PM EST
why would it be promoted?

just like by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:08:38 PM EST
they can't make money off of people eating properly

Winter ... by me0w (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:08:00 PM EST
Winter is the one true season. All others bow before it. Winter is the only reason to live.

you're a brainwashed Canadian! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #41 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:03:44 AM EST
what do you know?  :P

Winter and stuffs: An amusing car story by me0w (2.00 / 0) #48 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:42:56 AM EST
Winter is serious awesome. BEST SEASON OF THEM ALL! (Fall is a close second).

I get in my car yesterday and there is a warning message on my dash (I drive a '09 Altima). My dash is warning me that it is cold outside and the gauge reads that it is 2C. I snickered and said to my car "Just wait until it is -20C. You're gunna shit your pants."

i'll have to re-learn how to drive! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #49 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:46:57 AM EST
i drove a snowy mountain pass in colorado when i was 15, but that's the only winter driving i've ever done.

don't worry by garlic (2.00 / 0) #52 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 09:37:08 AM EST
people up here only think they know how to drive in the snow. Once you give up trying to learn, you'd fit right in.

Girls by duxup (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:14:00 PM EST
Yup, it is crazy how different they are. I hear from other parents that in general though boys teens are less traumatic as girls so you get some of it back later.

Then again some parents just get lucky with kids or are super parents, or have shock collars hidden someplace. More than once I've seen some family toddle into a restaurant with a wide range of ages on the low side and OMG not a single inappropriate behavior everyone is calm as can be and having a good time. Even the little ones in a high chairs wait for their food or so forth.

I wouldn’t hurt my kids (only have one on the way at this point), but I wouldn’t forget if say they mentioned what model shock collar got that response… just for, reference.

____
i hear the same about teenage girls by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:17:53 PM EST
We're OK going out to eat, etc, as long as we set the event up for success.  Go to a place he knows and likes the food, make sure he's not *too* hungry, have an out just in case, etc.  There are places I just won't take him because I know it's risking failure.

Order appies right away by marvin (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:26:49 PM EST
Our kids loved calamari. On our way to our table, we'd order some calamari, so that there would only be 5 minutes until they were too busy eating to cause trouble.

As one friend put it by kwsNI (4.00 / 3) #19 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 04:30:43 PM EST
Boys are hell the first 9 years.  They're destructive, energetic, trouble and scare the shit out of you with injuries and stunts.  Girls are hell the next 9 years, with hormones, attitude, makeup and boys.

Alternatively, I saw a quote that said with a teenage boy, you only worry about 1 penis, with a teenage girl you worry about every penis.

I really don't know if you can blame it on gender. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:42:59 PM EST
My daughter's terrible 2's were insane. My son's were easy.

My son made up for the easy 2's and 3's when he hit 4 and 5.

Someone once told me that all kids go through cycles of trying and ease. It seems that the length of time and when varies.

My mother used the mantra "At least he's not a slug" for my hyper-active little brother. You are welcome to it.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Terrible twos by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:53:50 PM EST
The only solution I know of is to wait 18 months or so.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
i hope to survive that long. by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 04:40:09 PM EST

And yet.... by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 05:12:45 PM EST
You want another one...

Are there 12 Step programs for that?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

but the older one can watch the new one! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #23 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 05:37:46 PM EST
then i can go cry in the corner by myself!

see, it all makes sense!

scrubbies by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 05:46:52 PM EST
grandma-in-law makes those out of nylon netting. they're excellent.
---------
it's not a gender thing by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 06:02:33 PM EST
LO was pretty much a hellion when she was two and it hasn't stopped. For instance, she just got 100 on her math quiz and she schooled her social studies teacher all in the past week. She has also decided to wear shorts until it is just too cold (the high here was 46 today and that makes it still shorts weather in her mind).

But also, as several kind voices told me over the years, an active kid is a smart kid.

Yeah, it really is by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 07:46:27 PM EST
We stay in close contact with as many of our birthing class students as possible, and we work with La Leche League, so we know literally hundreds of infants and toddlers. I am an honorary uncle in more families than I can reasonably count.

Girl toddlers are calmer. Period. Sure, there are a few exceptions, both girls who are wild and boys who are calm, but they're rare enough to be exceptional. The difference is a bit narrower at 2, but it widens steadily at least up through age 5 (the rough upper limit of the sample I interact with). A five year old boy is calmer than a two year old boy - or perhaps I mean more controllable - but far wilder than a five year old girl.

Example - my daughter, her cousin, and three other little girls, ranging in age from 3 to 5 and all about the same level, like to roam in a pack at the park. They'll play take, they'll spin in circles until they fall down, they'll pretend they can't hear you calling them and run in the other direction so they can play longer. But when you catch them, they'll all stop, sulk, drag their feet, maybe cry if they're tired enough - but they'll also do what their told, albeit slowly, reluctantly, and dragging it out as much as possible.

My son and his friends on the other hand, ranging in age from 2 to 4 and also about the same level, roam the park like a pack of wild dogs. Roaring, colliding with each other, knocking each other down and playing dominance games on the toys, sometimes biting and fighting. Try to collect them and you'd best outnumber them; they'll look to see where you are and then take off the other way, and if you capture one the others use the distraction to scatter like water droplets on a hot stove while that one kicks and screams to be let go and rejoin the pack.

These are not "bad" kids. These are normal to bright kids, active, healthy, and relatively well behaved for their age group.

Watching the mother of one child cope with a group of children also illustrates the difference. If she's the mother of a daughter she gets overwhelmed quickly by the antics of boys, trying but failing to keep up and shouting herself hoarse as she tries to understand why they don't listen, even a little bit, when she calls. Give her a group of girls the same size and age range and she'll be fine - tire more quickly than with one, but she understands what's going on and can generally maintain control. The mother of a son, on the other hand, treats the group like a hockey coach; don't worry about the details, if there's no blood there's no harm, and if they get offsides just check 'em back into play.

You are right, however, that an active child is a smart child, be they boy or girl. It's the first sign you can recognize.

outliers by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #42 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:08:18 AM EST
one of my cousins has a daughter that is a truly wild girl.  my cousin gave up on trying to dicipline her, and now she's a truly horrid child to be around.  she's a spoiled, undiciplined asshole.

the thing that keeps me going most days "I will not give up and have The Dude turn out like Cousin C."

shorts in winter rock. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 08:25:06 PM EST
When I worked in 411 I wore shorts every day of the year.

Click
The mid twenties are my cut off by lm (2.00 / 0) #37 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 06:40:22 AM EST
Once it gets to be about 23 or 24 degrees Fahrenheit, I'm not comfortable in shorts any more.

Cicero, The Republic
depends by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #53 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 06:59:23 PM EST
how far I'd have to walk and if I could walk fast ( ie no ice on sidewalks etc  )

Click
winter? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 08:13:28 PM EST
You'll love it! In fact we got winter early this year.  Probably 2 inches on the ridges.

Click
it was 92F here yesterday by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #43 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:08:46 AM EST

Good luck with winter. by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #29 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 08:30:37 PM EST
I've lived in New England for more than 5 years now, and I hate each winter more than the last. I realized today that this year, we're going to have 6 months of cold weather (today the high was in the 40s), and it makes me feel awful just thinking about it. Depressed, scared, and claustrophobic. I really hate winter. I joke with ana about it, but I really, really hate it and how it makes me feel.

That said, I'm happier living here than I was in North Carolina. Even though the climate is better in NC, I fit in better here, and, what's most important, the person I love is here. You'll get through the winters, and if you need some ex-pat support, I'm here for you!

As for the terrible 2s, I don't know many boys that age, but of the girls I know, the 3s are the coolest age ever. I love what the kids I know come up with and how they figure out the world. Hang on to that, and the very best of luck getting there!

it's weird, isn't it? by clock (4.00 / 2) #30 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 08:37:44 PM EST
climate matters.  this summer was the most miserable i can recall.  it was hotter than fuck and it hated it.  really HATED it.  i biked through July-ish and then said "FUCK THIS!"  i'm a viking.  i can take a minnesota winter a thousand times better than a texas summer.

that said, i will be most careful in the care and feeding of my texan outside of her native land, should it come to that.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

i grew up in moscow by infinitera (4.00 / 1) #32 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 12:46:14 AM EST
And my partner in Toronto.

So we both have a distaste for anything above the 90s (although she would probably say above 35C - I emigrated too early and my brain switched to Fahrenheit). And we're not very comfortable in the 80s either.

in my ideal world by clock (4.00 / 1) #38 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 07:27:54 AM EST
it is in the 70s and cloudy almost every day of the summer and nice and snowy all winter.  right now, i'm waaaaaay too close to the equator to be comfortable.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

if my sister can do it by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #44 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:14:18 AM EST
then i can do it.  Weather is all about having the right clothing.  Winter will require a well-lit home and lots of Vitamin D.  I will also have to learn additional winter sports (I can downhill ski, but that's it), because I will go crazy if I can't go outside and play.

I'm sure 3 has its own problems, but this 2 shit has GOT to go.

The change of seasons is nice by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #54 Sat Oct 17, 2009 at 08:41:42 AM EST
Spring and Fall are my two favourite times of the year. Although we've had a crappy Fall thus far.

The real tough thing about this part of the world during the Winter isn't so much the cold, although that will wear on you after a while, it's the constant overcast gray skies mixed with the cold that gets to you.

"Keep in mind too that during December, January and February we only have 9 sunny days on average throughout the entire 3 month span. (9 sunny days vs. 68 cloudy days). That's only 3 days per month folks. Not good."

I'll *probably* never move too far away because I've got a zillion friends here - plus we're looking to buy a new house next Summer - but there's no two ways about it - the weather pretty much sucks.

Are yuns going to be on the East side, the West side, or down South?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

NOOOO! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #56 Sat Oct 17, 2009 at 01:22:27 PM EST
no sunny days!?  I NEED MY SUNSHINE!

we're headed to the place where the National Guard had a fun party with some students back in the day.

Ah yes by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #60 Tue Oct 20, 2009 at 05:51:27 PM EST
I spent many a wasted night from my youth hanging about the bars in that town. I trust you're not going to be in the city limits per se - she gets a bit wild in the evenings on the weekends. At least she did back in the day.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Wow! No sunshine. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #58 Sun Oct 18, 2009 at 07:22:59 AM EST
I just looked up the records for my part of the UK, and it seems that the worst December on record (1998) still had 11 sunny days.

We have one of those 80s style acronyms by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #35 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 04:41:20 AM EST
SMOG - smug mother of girls.  I bet that'll change in about 11 years or so...

tee hee hee by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #45 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:17:06 AM EST
one of my good friends is a snobby physician who has 2 girls that she has raised to be almost prissy.  Her son is due at the end of the month.  I was visiting her in June with another friend and her 2 boys.  I turned to Dr Friend and asked if she was ready for a boy.  You should have seen the fear in her eyes.

Hehe. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #47 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:42:28 AM EST
I used to work for a bloke who had 5 boys.  I have no idea how the mother coped.

it's like clock says by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #50 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:47:53 AM EST
boy moms are more animal handler than traditional "mother"

Animal handler by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #51 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 09:12:15 AM EST
Hehe!

OHIA REPRESENT!!! by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #36 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 05:30:41 AM EST
Sheesh - you're not going to like the weather up here.

On a positive note the cost of living is real cheap - you can live very comfortably on a modest sum.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

word! by clock (2.00 / 0) #39 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 07:29:04 AM EST
she'll hate it.  but then she can just wait 5 minutes and it'll change AM I RIGHT?!?!?!?!

i'll start her watching reruns of the Drew Carey show to prepare.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

it will all be worth it by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #46 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 08:18:45 AM EST
when we become BFF!!!

actually, the cost of living in the Clevia area is higher than in Houston.  Even the town where we'll be settling.

An old friend of mine by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #55 Sat Oct 17, 2009 at 10:40:12 AM EST
who had raised two boys and two girls once told me that boys are more difficult the first 10 years.  On-a-first-name-basis-with-the-ER-staff harder.  After that, girls are WAY harder, and made the trips to the ER seem not so bad.

Men are so much easier to make clothes for by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #57 Sat Oct 17, 2009 at 07:53:10 PM EST
than curvy women.