Print Story La la la. Bastards.
Money
By gzt (Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:40:07 PM EST) gzt, logistics (all tags)
C'mon, bed delivery people, don't be bastards.

They said they'd call in the morning. They didn't. I called the store and they were like, hey, if the delivery guys don't call by noon to let you know when they're coming, let us know and we'll follow up. I called at 1 and they were like, okay, crap, I don't know what the deal is at the warehouse, but everybody has your problem, I'll call you and ten other people as soon as this gets sorted out. ... 2pm. Still no word. It's not so big of a problem, but when they call me, I'll call R and tell her when she needs to be there, and then she'll go over there when it's time. So they're mucking with both of us and we're busy people. It's also mildly annoying because my cell phone acts funny at work, so I have to go somewhere where I know I have good reception every once in a while to see whether I've missed any calls.

The USPS is a bunch of bastards, too.

Let's see who else is a bunch of bastards!

I feel slightly bad for the fellow: I got a suit and needed the pants hemmed. There weren't any cleaners in the immediate vicinity, but there was a suit shop that had a faded sign indicating they did alterations, so I took it in there. It's not ideal, because you feel like, hey man, I bought a suit from somebody else, but I want you to alter it. Anyway, when I picked it up, he said, hey, by the way, if you know anybody who needs a suit or if you're in the market, we might be going out of business, so we're having a clearance sale soon... Oh drat. Well, I look at it like this: at least he got some revenue from me.

I thought iGrrrl's articles made some good points. I'm trying here.

I'm wrapping up all the stupid little stuff that needs to get done before I leave for a week. Oops, some stuff I procrastinated on, now it seems that, because of the upgrade in the systems, um, I'm not able to get it. Uh... frak.

I have some sort of stag do tonight. Drinks at The Globe. Mildly wishing we could beg off, I have shit to do and everybody gets in tomorrow - no time for R after tonight.

There was a guy handing out fliers yesterday for liquidation of sheets and comforters. Good deals, good product, but I was busy yesterday, some of my coworkers had gotten some the last time they were through, but apparently they aren't in today. Drat. We registered and got sheets, but have not gotten a comforter, but, you know, we'll need them before we may receive them. Oh well.

Going on a trip to NYC soon. A wedding. The tricky thing is figuring out logistics. AAAAH.

< Signs You're getting Older | another long overdue entry >
La la la. Bastards. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I had this happen once by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 02:52:26 PM EST
Delivery window between 12 & 4. Get a call at 6:30, "We're going to be late, should be another half hour."

Bed arrives at 9.

BASTARDS. GARRR. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:09:53 PM EST
Here's what happened:

The factory sent them only the box springs, not the entire sets.

The factory is sending in another shipment Friday.

They can deliver on Saturday. I'll be pretty fucking busy on Saturday. There is no other option. The other option is to get it delivered on Monday. That is not an option. I need a bed on Sunday night.

I was trying to think of a possible nuclear option, but there isn't one. I don't have enough time to get to somebody else and get it delivered. They just can't do it in that time frame.

Dear manager, by ana (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:17:56 PM EST
I'm getting married on Saturday. I need a bed. Can you help?

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Well, on Sunday. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:25:42 PM EST
I'm getting married on Sunday. But, things seem to be working out. My mother has the flu, so maybe she could hang out at my place and accept the delivery.

yay relatives by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 12:52:47 AM EST
People who can't say no. Although usually it's me and not them.

IKEA? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:18:26 PM EST

To whit: by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:20:46 PM EST
The mattresses come rolled up, and the bed frames in pieces. I don't know how big your car is, but...

I'm getting a *good* bed. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:26:36 PM EST
Don't worry, it'll all work out.

As it's you, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:32:08 PM EST
I'll take that at face value, but for pretty much anyone else, what they think is a good bed from a bed shop is probably worse than one they could have got for less than half the price at IKEA. Mattresses almost certainly, as far as I've seen.

oh, well, we're actually only getting mattresses.. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 15, 2009 at 03:36:31 PM EST
...and frame, but, yes, it's good.

+1 by barooo (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Oct 16, 2009 at 09:49:50 AM EST
We have the top of the line ikea SULTAN ERFJORD or whatever it's called.

It is made of pure win.  $999, and the best thousand bucks I've ever spent.  And I moved it in by myself by folding it in half and tying it up with a bunch of ropes.

Three professional movers struggled for 45 minutes to move it out :)  They didn't use the same technique.  It's like moving a 100 pound queen sized sleeping cat on muscle relaxers.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt