Print Story Data is gone
Hardware
By ucblockhead (Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 12:35:35 PM EST) (all tags)
Giving up.

I called support...they eventually got back and asked for Admin access.  I gave it to them.  Next time I checked the disk, the problematic disk had reported partition failure.

That was Monday.  For some odd reason, they never got back to me!

Oh well.  If I ever want to watch old episodes of Stargate I am screwed.

< On Moving | Books I've Read This Year 2009 >
Data is gone | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Sounds like vile tech support to me by theboz (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 12:56:19 PM EST
What do you think?
- - - - -
I pour a Forty in honor of your lost data by Gedvondur (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 01:09:45 PM EST
Gone but not forgotten!  RIP DATA!

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
Call Chuckles by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 01:19:32 PM EST
he had some sort of plan involving a clean room, 50 illegal mexicans, a microscope and iron filings.

I would have by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 01:46:07 PM EST
But I think the "support" drove in the final nail.

Oh well.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Cyberbuddha says by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 5) #4 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 01:20:22 PM EST
Attachment to data is the root of all suffering.
(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 02:33:33 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

*sniff* I'll miss that one bit by duxup (4.00 / 2) #7 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 03:32:23 PM EST
You know the one I'm talking about.... *tear*

____
At least there's always B-4 (nt) by fluffy (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 03:47:11 PM EST

busy bees buzz | sockpuppet revolution
Well, by technician (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 03:50:36 PM EST
there are worse things, but it does suck.

Do you have access to a PC with 4 SATA ports? by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 05:13:31 PM EST
I suspect the array can be reassembled on a Loonix PC. Even if tech support zeroed out one partition, that means you've lost parity but you shouldn't have lost data yet.

Two drives are dead by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 05:34:27 PM EST
The goal was to get up to three.

Anyway, the point she is moot as complete rebuild is currently 16.59% done.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Ah. Carry on. -nt by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 05:36:21 PM EST

hm by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 2) #13 Thu Oct 01, 2009 at 08:17:54 PM EST
we watch old episodes of stargate all the time...they're all on hulu.
---------
Those Data Aren't Really Gone... by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Oct 02, 2009 at 02:38:31 PM EST
...As long as we remember them.

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
Data is gone | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback