Print Story Bostonia!
By ana (Sun Jan 04, 2009 at 12:56:09 PM EST) Boston, lunch (all tags)
Lunch, sometime soon?

Or maybe dinner? What are people's constraints?

I'm thinking sometime the week of the 11th would be good, and give us some time to organize things.

As to where, toxicfur was waxing rhapsodic about a Japanese restaurant in or near Chinatown, where you cook your own stuff in a pan of boiling broth. Sounded interesting enough to try, at least.

I have a standing meeting at 11 on Wednesdays, so 12:30 would be better than noon for me on a Wednesday. Any other day would be fine for noon, 12:30, or even later. Wednesday the 14th I also have a meeting at 3, but that's certainly doable, even if I go out for lunch.
< Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night | Happy New... Awww Fuck It >
Bostonia! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
My new favorite restaurant: by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Jan 04, 2009 at 01:03:35 PM EST
here, called Shabu-Zen, and it is in Chinatown. It really is pretty fantastic, at least at lunch. I'm sure dinner is also wonderful. As to constraints, do I have to think about my work schedule today? Hm. I know we have our regular meeting on Mondays, so it would need to be closer to 12:30, and Thursdays I need to leave by 2:30, but that should be doable. Dinner pretty much any evening would be fine, I think.

To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
love Shabu-Zen by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jan 05, 2009 at 02:25:46 PM EST
Though we've gone to the one in Allston. We were going to go with my family for the Solstice, but got snowed in. We rescheduled for the next day but those plans were scuttled when my mom and I got stuck for OVER TWO HOURS in a parking lot. (Not in the sense of "traffic like a parking lot," unless you mean "traffic like a parking lot IN a parking lot." Grrr ... argh.)

I checked off my possible lunch days in the poll. Dinner is less good for me in general. D might be up for Shabu-Zen but that would probably mean Friday dinner/weekend something -- but Sat. the 17th is out for us. (Also, we decided to try it again for Chinese New Year at the end of January, so it is not dire that we go there.)

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM

Oh, right.. Dinner. by ana (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Jan 04, 2009 at 01:08:27 PM EST
Can't do Wednesdays in the evening. I think other evenings are fine.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

As always... by aethucyn (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Jan 04, 2009 at 02:52:32 PM EST
lunch is not an option for me.
I'll also admit to not being a huge fan of the cook your own food style of restaurant dining. Especially since the best Japanese food isn't cooked at all.

I believe the term is by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jan 05, 2009 at 03:54:31 AM EST
"...unpossible"

or perhaps

"...inconceivable!"

I wish I lived in Boston by duxup (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jan 05, 2009 at 04:27:09 AM EST
Well no, but wish I could go to those things.

____
WIPO? by Lady Jane (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Jan 06, 2009 at 06:25:36 AM EST
If it was late Friday dinner or lunch/dinner this weekend or next Rizzo and I would love to come down.  We *might* try to drag Sapphire with us!

-----------------------------------------
"Buttons aren't toys" -- Trillian
Steamboat dinner! by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jan 07, 2009 at 08:10:34 AM EST
When i lived in Malaysia this was an old favourite, so much that I actually bought a pot to prepare the food in the authentic way.

Here in London you find all he original ingredients for an authentic steamboat dinner. Healthy and delicious, thoroughly recommended.

So.. by ana (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Jan 10, 2009 at 02:25:44 PM EST
Looks like either, say, Wednesday for lunch, or what would people say about Friday night for dinner? Do they take reservations?

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

acute coolnesses by rizzo (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jan 12, 2009 at 07:52:06 AM EST
Friday dinner would be perfect, as long as arriving after 7 doesn't make us "late".  Count us for 3 not including Paco, who may just burrow into our fluffy comforter while we're gone.

Bostonia! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback