Print Story The Nursery Is Resolved...
By atreides (Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 12:56:56 PM EST) (all tags)
So, Welsh Girl and I have disagreed about how the nursery should be painted. A solution has been reached!

So, Welsh Girl got together with her sisters a couple of nights ago. They apparently talked about the decoration thing. They actually kinda liked the constellation idea and one of them suggested that instead of having a sunrise and sunset or a transition, we have two walls of day and two walls of night. Welsh Girl likes it. I like it. We're agreed. I'm painting night on the big wall and the small wall. That's fair and we're both happy. And for everyone who had advice and support, thanks a lot. I really needed it. All your advice and thoughts are being consumed and digested in my brain in the hopes that we can keep this from happening again.

Mother of Crap! Black people are really popular politically now! The new Chairman of the Republican National Committee is black! Now that's something I never thought I'd see!

At work, our email servers are down. Monday, I think I will have 50 things to deal with and 20 of them will be stupid.

My weekend is packed again. I have to finish cleaning out our old place (and by that I mean purge all the crap that's been sitting there for weeks), get by the cleaners to have things pressed, pick up a garment bag to travel with those pressed clothes, pack 2 bags (one for Vegas and one for L-Town the weekend after), do our taxes and then a couple other things I can't discuss on an open channel. I would love to have a weekend where I can just lie back and relax and catch up on my B5...

Actually, that's not entirely true. I finally understand the joy you home owning folk have in fixing thing around the house. I constantly find myself wanting to go pick up a thing to upgrade or repair something in the house. I keep seeing little thing I want to fix and actually looking forward to doing so.

If you ever want to rent a car from Enterprise, I wouldn't suggest it. Why? Well, we're renting a minivan for the trip to L-Town. Welsh Girl called Enterprise about a weekend rental and they quoted her $394! WHAT?!?!?! For a weekend? Is that the rate for a week or for a weekend Maserati? I called a few other places and found one for $170. If she had said the were quoting $250, I would have just thought it was a little high. $394?!? Maybe they were trying to get one over on a female or something? I don't know. Whatever. In the future, they're no bueno with us.

Great. I gotta go back to working again. Only this client could generate this much work at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. :(

That is all.

< Did anyone else think Juno MacGuff was an obnoxious pain in the ass? | My solution to the credit crisis. >
The Nursery Is Resolved... | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Steele by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 01:09:22 PM EST
beat the dude who was Democrat until they integrated the schools and then he became a Republican.

Click
I've heard him speak (at a graduation). by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 01:41:41 PM EST
I suddenly realized that the supposed "cool bits" in his speech were all advertising catch-phrases. There's something very Republican about trying to make yourself seem more human by using obvious corprate materials.

Wumpus

which is sad. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 03:14:32 PM EST
maybe I'll start my own party.

Click
Everyone wants a magic negro these days by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 01:47:56 PM EST

I know I do! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 01:53:32 PM EST
Glad it's resolved by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 06:08:16 PM EST
As for the new RNC chair, I thought our first African American president would be a Republican. I think Powell could have had it if he hadn't been the good soldier for his CiC w/r/t Iraq.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

RNC Chair by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jan 31, 2009 at 02:27:20 PM EST
You can slap lipsitick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

---------------
Enterprise was pretty cheap when we rented by debacle (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Feb 02, 2009 at 10:35:50 AM EST
But we only rented a sedan. It was a nice Mazda. Very nice.

The downside to going out and picking up something for the house is that sometimes it's a need and not a want, but the money's just not there.

The Nursery Is Resolved... | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback