Print Story Working.
By blixco (Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:08:49 PM EST) (all tags)
A pistol in each hand, what's your soundtrack?

(One big exhale, please disregard)

Probably nothing, maybe something heavy.  We all walk around with these devices feeding us our soundtracks, every minute plugged into something that talks or sings, a machine that breathes for us is on the way.

A pistol in each hand some tragic railyard emptiness hollow and ringing holy in the middle of the busiest, best, loudest, brightest country in the whole wide world, more noise and lights and things to buy than the next nation over. A religion founded on strength an economy founded on consumption and no hope of change even when change is packaged and sold perfectly to the worthless of the world.  A list of demands:

Freedom. Hope. Blah blah blah, some firey screed that makes the world turn for a second fuels the evasive escape the last reckoning mindfuck that drives the day forward one eighth of an inch one more dead motherfucker one more dead drop of blood one more gallon of whatever it was that was consumed to make the world turn one eightht of a degree move....move....move....move.....

A pistol in each fucking hand big angry ugly no real aim no real ambition but the world collapses when they read your eviction fuck they mean it and your whole self worth is tied up in that house those things your job that life and soon, poof, gone what next?  More more more and with five kids and no horizon handed what next? Because you've worked your ass off for a short plank and a long walk and that hollow cold railyard empty.

Every pull of every trigger making the world turn just a little bit more nudging little bumps in the momentum just a weight of a soul against a mountain and what's the worth of it when you're face down and dying? The news spilling out of small devices making waves drowning the last confused noises of the bullets hitting and you're dying in your own urine.

An animal.

Losing.

We've not all lost our way.  The world will always have the confused and forsaken. We're good at raising everyone with a sense of entitlement that forces them to believe they deserve better or more or everything they could have been somebody, a contender.

We raise them like this.  Make them crazy. Make them lose sight of the more important things.

Replace importance with shadow and vigilant electron flow. Replace self with one and zero square wave destruction. Dissolve the communities with desire and hopeless ambition, make the horizon ten feet, ten miles, ten years.

This will never end because I want more.

More more more.
< It makes me HOT!! | She has done so many things it's so surreal >
Working. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
so by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 01:54:25 AM EST
Meet me on Koh Samui, this coming Monday?

I'd love to, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:18:46 AM EST
but I have all this work to do!

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 01:37:12 AM EST

every minute plugged into something that talks or by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 02:39:22 AM EST
Not me. I have an iPod in the car, and XM, but often don't have anything turned on. Rarely listen to streaming audio at work. At home I may have WETA on in the background while I'm reading a book.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

This is me too. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:09:52 AM EST
For a techno-literate, I'm pretty unplugged whenever I can be. Listen to tunes about half hour a day at work. Listen to a morning show about two days a week on the way in. Listen to nothing on the way home because silence is fucking GOLDEN. Listen to tunes seriously only when I'm locked in my room at night typing away.

I honestly get disgusted at the way some people can't allow themselves to unplug. It's like they're afraid if they stop listening to programming of some kind they'll have a moment to think and their whole existence will come crashing in around them.

Without time to think in silence? I'd have blown my brains out years ago.

Technological Detox is key.

Don't be so quick to judge. by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:36:54 AM EST
Without something to distract me from the toxicity in my head, I probably would've blown my brains out a long time ago. In a metaphorical sense, since I don't (and won't) own a gun. I need the distraction to keep the panic attacks at bay, and the spiral into serious depression. Mostly I read, but when I can't (like walking from the subway stop), I listen to audiobooks or podcasts. It helps to keep me sane-ish.

To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
There may have been a time... by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:40:41 AM EST
I suppose as a teen I was close to this type of thing myself. Probably even my early twenties. But I sort of compensated by always having a soundtrack playing through my head anyway.

Was it just The Final Countdown on a loop? [nt] by debacle (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 05:59:35 AM EST

If we can come up with by blixco (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:37:38 AM EST
a lesson plan or program or 12 steps or whatever, this idea of yours could make a lot of cash.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
what sort of pistols? by gzt (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:10:18 AM EST
This is key.

BFAs by blixco (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:18:05 AM EST
Big Fucking Automatics.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I'm old fashioned, I would go with six shooters by lm (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 04:39:48 AM EST
Double action, no less.

And for a soundtrack? Something slow and staid. Maybe something from Mendelssohn's Passion of Saint Matthew.

Cicero, The Republic
the first thing that popped into my head by gzt (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 05:35:06 AM EST
was Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song.

Working. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback