Print Story Euro in trouble?
By Breaker (Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 02:59:21 AM EST) (all tags)
Tory MP Redwood has an interesting take on the Euro, quite well balanced and argued I thought.

More MLP for you below.

The ever delightful Derek Draper or "Dolly" as he is affectionately known, is still not quite getting the interwebnets.  Fortunately some helpful but unidentifiable web monkeys have fixed the overweening registration, deletion and censoring policies.

Big John "two shags and a left hook" Prescott is also dipping his toe into the "cyberworld" as he terms it; unlike most of the Labour drones he is actually entertaining to read.  But he's not getting it either; in his "50 great things Labour have done" post, there's a great rebuttal in the comments.  Fair play for them to publish it; but JP hasn't atttempted to debate it.  There's a No Fourth website up there for all you Labour Apologists to refute.

Is GTLSB losing it?  I bet the Labour apparatchiks are regretting having a coronation last year instead of an election for leader.  Those that aren't apparently offering laws for cash, anyway.  Or maybe Lords Moonie and Snape are breakouts from Harry Potter books.

But at least Boris has the bollocks to stand up for a UK citizen.  Meanwhile our "government" is spraying cash to placate its union paymasters.

Bring me some good news.
< And now... Uh... | Oh, so it's going to be THAT kind of day. >
Euro in trouble? | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden)
Good news? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 05:39:55 AM EST
What world do you think this is?

Secondary almost good news? Used musical equipment is easy to pick up cheap as shit right now. Go buy some guitars you couldn't afford a couple years ago. I'm betting that's translated across the pond.

Oh you tempt me by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 05:43:18 AM EST
But the next guitar I buy has to be unsullied by another mans hand.

Yeah, me too. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 06:03:45 AM EST
Currently contemplating the Chucky S. tribute. Short scale, X2N pickup (which I fucking LOVE), single volume, no frills, in your face, neck-thru rip-monster. Daddy like. Can't afford today, but like.

Pull the plug! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:01:30 AM EST
Ah man that takes me back.

So want to. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:03:22 AM EST
If I were younger and stupider, credit cards would be ringing right now.

Heh by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:31:31 AM EST
It's a bummer, this personal responsibility, isn't it?

Being an adult blows. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 08:38:12 AM EST
I'd go back to being seven, but then I'd have to do that whole teenager thing again. No thanks.

Bring me back to 21 by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 09:04:52 AM EST
That'd do me, ta.

Ick. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 09:55:01 AM EST
That'd put the worst still around me. Twenty-six was pretty good, but by then I was starting to act like an adult.

Shit, I got nothing.

UK and the Euro by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 06:59:02 AM EST
<sarcasm>Yes I'm sure the Germans would love to bail us out of our banking crisis and would be more than pleased to have us join at the current pound-euro rate</sarcasm>

They did it for the Ozzis by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:18:44 AM EST
..surely they like us more...

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
...and stop calling me Shirley... by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 11:26:43 AM EST

How is Boris doing? by marvin (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 11:01:27 AM EST
I recall plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the usual suspects when he got elected, but I couldn't be arsed to follow London news that closely. Haven't seen anything in international media or the front page of BBC news on Boris since he got elected, apart from bringing back Routemasters and tossing the bendy buses.

Is he working out well so far? Since he actually rides a bike, how has cycling policy changed?

As far as I can tell by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Jan 29, 2009 at 01:29:42 AM EST
He's kept his head down, not really courted the media like Uncle Ken did.  Bit of resentment with the whole no booze on public transport, a couple of poorly chosen advisors (which turned out to his credit as he distanced himself immediately when $SCANDAL broke).

Then a couple of pieces here and there where he's trimming budgets and booting out Ken's cronies (Ian Blair being the most high profile; again after De Menenzes there had to be a pound of flesh taken from the establishment which Ken was unwilling to carve).

But, he's got the air of someone getting on with it, not bleating constantly to the press about this that or the other, or whoring himself out for the next media opportunity with $MINORITY or $CAUSE_DU_JOUR.

Which is something that gives him a little dignity in office, and I think that people are warming to that.  Doubtless other LHuSis will have their own take on it.

Euro in trouble? | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden)