Print Story Oh, so it's going to be THAT kind of day.
By nightflameblue (Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 05:10:20 AM EST) (all tags)
  • Failure in the morning
  • Meeting Etiquette

Failure in the morning

You know, I've never been able to make a soft yolk egg properly. It just never quite turns out how it should. Too hard, rest of the egg not done, something's always wrong.

So, I cook the CRAP out of an egg this morning for inclusion on a little breakfast sandwich with english muffins, some meat product type substance and some cheese. Tasty, tasty usually.

First bite, *ESPLODY* WTF? Everywhere. Yolk went fucking EVERYWHERE.

January 28th, 2009 - the day I was D-U-N before I even made it to work.

Meeting Etiquette

Tensions seemed high in our little staff meeting yesterday. Mostly because the boss spent WAY TOO FUCKING LONG rattling about how safe we are even though production is being dropped by one hundred cabs a day. That's about 1/5 of overall.

But whatever, didn't bother me.

A particularly difficult task, or at least ridiculously tedious, sits in front of us. So, nobody volunteering for it, the boss says, "so what do we do?"

I suggest, "hire a monkey off the street?"

Boss responds, "Yeah, or Zippy."

Unable to stop myself, "Close enough."

And then I cut him to the quick on his web proxy non-policy. He finally said we can't wait for management we just have to make a decision and tell them how it'll be because they don't give a fuck. So, I told him I'll go talk to management if it's too gargantuan a task for him to handle. He says to be his guest.

Already got the two most important on board. All I have to do is approach momma hen of the kids upstairs. Gotta pick the right time for her. Probably late afternoon, when she's tired and not paying attention.

D-U-N DONE!

< Euro in trouble? | Ask HUSI: Birthday gift for 40yr old woman >
Oh, so it's going to be THAT kind of day. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
I had a fab start to the day. by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 06:54:11 AM EST
I was fully dressed, sat drinking a large coffee before I set off for work. I sneezed and threw the coffee all down myself. Had to change everything I was wearing, including underwear.

Nice! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:01:06 AM EST
Bonus points for making it to the underwear! I only had to change outer layers.

Eggs do that sometimes by debacle (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 07:50:12 AM EST
It's best to relieve the pressure on the yolk with a fork before putting them in a sandwich.

Poor Zippy.

You need one of these by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 08:00:33 AM EST
has a built in web proxy server.

OK, but ends soft egg misery.

I fucked up poaching eggs yesterday by garlic (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 10:08:51 AM EST
After the timer was done they didn't look quite right, and when the first one collapsed on taking it out of the water, I turned the heat on to try to cook them more. I think the water wasn't hot enough when i put everything together.

Conclusion: by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 11:03:52 AM EST
Eggs is fussy.

Be one with the egg by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 05:00:57 PM EST

I believe I was. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 08:26:38 PM EST
That gets messy.

Oh, so it's going to be THAT kind of day. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)