Print Story More layoffs?
By webwench (Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 04:21:39 AM EST) (all tags)
It would be newsworthy if it didn't happen every year.

Also, calling out aptana users?

I just downloaded aptana studio, does anyone have any experience with it, recommended sites, plugins, etc?
< YOU ONLY VOTE TWICE | Bangkok >
More layoffs? | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
45000 laid off.. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 04:34:13 AM EST
That doesn't happen every year...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Are you in danger? by atreides (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 06:09:01 AM EST
Because I'll go "talk" to someone if need be... :P

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

in danger... by webwench (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:43:36 AM EST
They're whacking 26% of IT... so who knows.

Who could any of us 'talk' to? Some sort of nebulous combination of corporate mismanagement, malfeasance, employee ineptitude, economic bad-times, and god knows what else is behind it. So I guess I'll shake my fist at 'the man' and call it good :)

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

Then count my fist shaken in solidarity! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:46:50 AM EST
I shall also project good karma in your direction. It's the least I can do.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Thanks dood by webwench (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:52:32 AM EST
If we all shake our fists in a coordinated fashion, perhaps we may stir up a barely-perceptible-but-still-there breeze that shall gently cool the sweating faces of our hard-laboring executives.

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

There's no point... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:55:13 AM EST
They have ice flown in from the glaciers to keep them cool. Where do you think all that money went? And that's why the glaciers are disappearing, too!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

From what I hear by debacle (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:31:49 AM EST
Aptana was good for like a week before it started crashing every hour or so.

well shit by webwench (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:36:04 AM EST
What's better?

Getting more attention than you since 1998. Ya ya!

I'm using Zend Studio for Eclipse by debacle (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:38:52 AM EST
But Eclipse with PDT is pretty nice too.

I do have Eclipse by webwench (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:44:47 AM EST
I'll give Zend a look.

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

Zend costs dollares by debacle (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:47:42 AM EST
If you have dollares, I like Zend Development Environment more than Zend for Eclipse but that's just me.

but I got no dollares by webwench (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 10:50:53 AM EST
In fact I just froze my credit card and ATM card into block of water this morning.

This is all for updating a motorcycle club website. I'm cruisin' on Textpad at the moment but am wanting to look at other tools, surely the state of the art has advanced in the last several years.

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

Then Eclipse with PDT is for you(s) [nt] by debacle (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 11:03:34 AM EST

Yearly Layoffs by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 03:08:34 PM EST
The last employer had that, and from what I hear still does.  The current employer does not even though there is the potential for them shortly.  But this company hasn't had a round in about five years.

---------------
at this point by webwench (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Jan 30, 2009 at 03:41:05 AM EST
I'm pretty much hoping for the severance package... five months of job-hunting joy XD

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

More layoffs? | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback