Print Story Where is that Global Warming?
Death
By georgeha (Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 06:27:29 AM EST) lifetime, gaming (all tags)
It's not even February and I'm tired of winter.

Plus, Death, The Butcher Boy, Abducted: Fugitive from Love, Inkheart, Soldier Kings and less.

Poll: Literary character you'd least like to meet.

I got to the monthly gaming day Saturday, and spent nearly all my time there (3 hours) playing Soldier Kings, a game of the Seven Years War. I took Austria, and we played about one year (four turns). I'm not sure what I thought of it, I think you need about 8 hours and 5-8 people you know well to play. Right now, I don't have time in my life for an 8 hour game.

In other gaming news, Gold Digger recieved, I have to send out a return package.

We did watch a movie this weekend, The Butcher Boy, about a sociopathic lad in Ireland growing up around the Cuban Missile Crisis. While it was interesting, I can't imagine ever wanting to see it again, the boy is messed up and not very sympathetic. I prefer Waters for my visions of the Blessed Virgin.

In other movie news, while Abducted: Fugitive from Love is a Lifetime movie, it's not a bad one. While a man is the bad guy, a woman is too, it was good enough for us to DVR it and watch the end. I do wonder why the Feds have the money to waste on a monster panel truck full of computers and conference rooms that drives around chasing a fugitive convict and the warden's wife he kidnapped, is there no other crime?

Finally, I'm planning on taking twelve year old and newspaper_girl to Inkheart tonight. Twelve year old asked that I read it first, I'm about one third through it.

My niece lost her newborn baby, but it was not unexpected, he was diagnosed with what I think was Jeune's syndrome, and while they prayed for a miracles, if miracles happened every time people prayed for them, they wouldn't be miracles. Saturday is the memorial service.

Sometime this weekend I need to rack off my lager, too.

< It's really just a series of moments. | The best part? >
Where is that Global Warming? | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Why is milo by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 06:43:04 AM EST
listed with all those bad guys ? I mean, sure, in modern times, he'd be the CEO of Goldman Sacchs and have just earned $3bil in bonuses, while leaving a wasteland behind him, but that's capitalism, man, get a leg up and all that.

It is called Global Climate Change by blixco (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 08:57:10 AM EST
you damn kids stay off my patch of overheated sand that used to be a lawn.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I have been assured it's all a figment by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 09:02:07 AM EST
of the imagination of guilty white lie-berals, who want everyone to live in mud and grass huts, walk everywhere, and live like Third Worlders.

Well, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 09:03:09 AM EST
for mud I would need water to magically fall from the sky for free, which simply does not happen. Everything else sounds reasonable, though.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I'll take homebrew in trade, or.. by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 23, 2009 at 04:39:19 PM EST
whatever you think is interesting. Nothing required though.

I think Gold Digger will work out well for the little ladies. Quick game, maybe 15 or 30 minutes. Also, dont do the maths in your head if you want them to have a chance.

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei

Sorry to hear about your neice by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jan 24, 2009 at 06:44:54 AM EST
Not only losing a newborn, but to a genetic disease.  :-(
Thanks by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jan 24, 2009 at 08:57:52 AM EST
We'll be off in an hour.

We should install by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jan 25, 2009 at 05:27:14 AM EST
a whole phalanx of giant heat pipes running from Texas to Buffalo.  You can have our winters if we can have your summers.

WIPO: I have no idea who most of those are by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Jan 25, 2009 at 11:46:42 PM EST
And I'd be happy to meet almost anyone at least once. I don't trust other people's opinions too much.

The midgets might enjoy Inkheart by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 02:02:56 AM EST
and it's sequels, it's young adult fiction, translated from German.

I suspect MajorMidget would look down on it by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 03:24:28 AM EST
She reads volumes and now mostly adult fiction & neu-manga with some adolescent stuff thrown in occasionally (e.g. Twilight). How does Inkheart compare to Thursday Next? They seem based on a similar conceit.

I don't know about Thursday by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jan 26, 2009 at 04:30:23 AM EST
but there's a bit of a demographic overlap with Twilight, I guess the bookish sorts like Inkheart better, the hormonal sorts prefer Twilight.

Where is that Global Warming? | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback