Print Story millman
Travel
By MillMan (Thu Jan 15, 2009 at 06:30:10 PM EST) (all tags)

The view count on that photo is unusually high.

I tried some Asam Laksa at the local food court as instructed by igrrrl. It was very good, better than I would have thought as it's a very sour tamarind based soup. All the food here is good. Nasi Goreng is my favorite thus far.

I like Kuala Lumpur more than I expected, so I am going to stay here for a week instead of four days. I was expecting it to be more like Bangkok than Singapore - if anything it's what I wish Singapore was. After that it's going to be Penang for a few days, then off to Thailand.

I was out with some hostel peeps last night - the first bar turned out to be a tourist bar for picking up hookers, so we had a drink and left (without hookers). The next bar was mostly empty but nice enough and so we sat with our Tiger beers and chatted. Some local guys were playing music upstairs, so they invited us up ("an audience would be nice") so we hung out with them and their (female) friends and had a fantastic time. Hopefully I'll be hanging out with said fems on Sunday. We'll see.

That's what southeast asia has been like for the past week. Just a ton of fun.

Right, so I'm off to the Thai embassy to pick up my two month visa.

< The angles are wrong | That date was brutal. >
millman | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I would blame that on miss r343l and #husi by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jan 15, 2009 at 09:24:17 PM EST
Have you had durian or jack fruit yet?

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei
I've had jack fruit by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jan 15, 2009 at 10:06:32 PM EST
deep fried. Was pretty good.

Mmmmm.... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jan 15, 2009 at 10:07:06 PM EST
laksa....

IAWTP by Phage (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jan 15, 2009 at 11:18:07 PM EST
I haven't found any places in Londinium that do this.

I've been told... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 16, 2009 at 12:38:30 AM EST
that this place does an ok one, but I haven't tried it yet:

Hmmmmm by Phage (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 16, 2009 at 12:46:16 AM EST
Thanks for that.

That picture is begging for a shop. [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jan 16, 2009 at 03:55:47 AM EST

Viola! by dr k (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Jan 16, 2009 at 09:22:03 AM EST

:| :| :| :| :|

:D by fluffy (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Jan 17, 2009 at 10:49:49 AM EST
Oooo by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jan 16, 2009 at 04:19:21 PM EST
 Colorful Nasi Lemak. I love that. It's like a Malaysian Plowman's.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

hmm by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Jan 17, 2009 at 12:04:06 AM EST
I think it was goreng was on the menu, but it looks like lemak is correct.

Must resist having more tonight...

goreng...nasi... by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #12 Sat Jan 17, 2009 at 05:20:18 PM EST
 Yummy. Goreng Lemak is probably different from Nasi, and now I want to try it.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

millman | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback