Print Story Anyone Here Live in Silicon Valley? I Need a Lift to Tracy.
I do realize this is quite a long shot, but I was told at K5 that lots of you folks live in The Valley.

I need a ride from San Jose to Tracy, California to pick up my car from a repair shop.  The mechanic left it outside so I could pick it up after hours tonight.  I wrecked it there at Thanksgiving, but it's fixed now.

For your trouble, I offer a supper in a nice restaurant, I'll buy your gas, and give you a free copy of my piano CD, Geometric Visions.

I had a ride all arranged and everything, but he had to cancel.

It would be best if we could leave by 11:00 tonight, as that's when the rental car agency closes - I'd need you to meet me at the rental car return at the San Jose Airport.

If you can help me out, let me know below and I'll send you a private message with my cell number.  Please try not to write it on too many bathroom walls.

I shall name my firstborn after you.
< Son of Dork | a request for help from the collective Husian Jewry >
Anyone Here Live in Silicon Valley? I Need a Lift to Tracy. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
For what it's worth, by ni (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:01:31 PM EST
despite the asshole not meeting up with me when he was in the city I was living in for the job interview I got him, I'd still be all over this if I was in the bay area.

I'm very sorry - could you refresh my memory? by MichaelCrawford (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:16:39 PM EST
By "the city" do you mean San Francisco?  I've had a bunch of interviews there, so my memory is hazy.

If you're anywhere in Northern California, I'd be happy to come by for coffee or a meal.  I'll be sure to bring your free CD.

No, by ni (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:22:08 PM EST
when you were in Nova Scotia, in mid-2006, we exchanged emails and I arranged an interview for you in Cape Breton. I think you ultimately received an offer from another company and took it.

I remember now! I am *so* sorry. by MichaelCrawford (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:27:05 PM EST
I really wanted that job, but the owner wasn't willing to come through with an offer in the short time I had available to find work.  He wanted to interview more people.

I expect to visit Nova Scotia this Summer; when I do I'll make a point of coming to visit you.  Surely there must be Open Mics in your area - I'll play one there.  I have a keyboard that's in storage in Dartmouth that I can use.

I've since moved on, by ni (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:28:36 PM EST
but if you're ever in Toronto, let me know.

I'll visit Toronto sometime, but not sure when. by MichaelCrawford (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:31:49 PM EST
CheesburgerBrown and Kuro5hin's redqueen live there - I've been wanting to visit them as well.

We could probably arrange by ni (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 07:35:34 PM EST
some sort of couch crashing situation, at least for a day or two. I've had crazier on that couch, although perhaps just barely. I also have a fairly good weighted keyboard here, so you could earn your keep.

Right on. Thanks! by MichaelCrawford (1.00 / 1) #8 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 08:42:58 PM EST
I'm not nearly as crazy in person as I appear on the Internet.  In person I'm actually pretty good at appearing completely sane.  The Internet is my only real outlet for my craziness.

Maybe... by chuckles (4.00 / 2) #9 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 08:51:43 PM EST
but you'd have to wear a ball gag the entire drive.

I have a confirmed ride for tomorrow. by MichaelCrawford (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Jan 14, 2009 at 10:01:47 PM EST
I'm going to be up for a while, and would prefer to go tonight if it were possible, but I do realize that it's pretty late for anyone but a Night Owl like me.

Heh by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jan 15, 2009 at 02:52:35 AM EST
Wrong state for me, sorry bro.....

Gedvondur