Print Story A pound
By dev trash (Thu Sep 04, 2008 at 05:53:22 PM EST) (all tags)
So here is an odd way to meet someone new, even if to just have some conversation about physics and math and wine and cheese.

I was messing around on OkCupid and I stumbled upon this gal's profile, which is not at allodd.  I get to the section where one is supposed to tell a secret and she goes on about how she weighs herself before and after going to the bathroom.  I was bored, and sent her a message that said basically:  "what are your findings?  No more than a pound I hope?"

And oddly enough she replied back, that no, a pound is about the maximum she's ever, um, yeah.  So then we just started to chat about wine, and cheese, and other random things.  her profile made it abundantly clear that she was married and just looking for some conversation, yet she pointed this out so I wouldn't 'waste' my time.  I told her that, if I was actually interested in her, in that way, the past three conversations, via email wouldn't have been at all interesting.  That's the sad truth.  If I'm not looking for a life partner, I can talk about anything and every thing.  but the moment I into someone I have to parse everything I say to make sure it's just right.

I wish I would not do that.

Also I have a long ass diary about things, but I'm not in the frame of mind to write it now.  and it's almost bed time and I have to pack for this weekend yet.
< I was writing a diary about Doctor Who earlier | 5 months in the wilderness. >
A pound | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
So stop looking for a life partner by marvin (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu Sep 04, 2008 at 06:30:05 PM EST
I expect that there's nothing that turns women off more than the reek of desperation.

You, my man, are Desparate. With a capital D. The harder you try, the more you will fail. Just relax and you might be surprised at what happens, eventually. Enjoy living, have fun, be yourself. Explore your own interests, rather than trying to mold yourself into what you think some "life partner" will want. You're still young. You should not be hearing the ticking of a biological clock.

From what I've seen, there is no prize for marrying in haste. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I'll throw one on. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Sep 05, 2008 at 06:57:34 AM EST
The moment I met my wife was about three moments after I said, "that's it, I'm done. Unless somebody beats me over the head with a club and drags me back to her cave, I'm no longer dating."

Few days later, someone did.

Stop trying to "present" yourself. Let yourself be seen as you are and the person that finds THAT interesting is one that's worth sticking with. Not one that's interesting in the tidied up version of you.

hahaha by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Sep 07, 2008 at 05:11:52 PM EST
Yeah.  I hardly think that someone who sleeps 14 hours a day on any given Saturday, and who would rather read wikipedia than go out among people will find someone who is interested in all of that.  I don't change myself for people.  I am honest and upfront with every one I happen to meet.  One by one they realize I'm not dangerous, or a bad boy or rich or handsome or whatever and I either never hear from them again or I get another friend.  I like friends, but yeah.

Click
I'm not looking by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Sep 07, 2008 at 05:06:29 PM EST
THIS CHICK weighs her poop!  Did you miss that part of teh diary.

Click
Nope by marvin (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Sep 07, 2008 at 06:08:07 PM EST
Did you forget writing this part?

I wish I would not do that.

exactly by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Sep 08, 2008 at 01:52:28 PM EST
If I am not looking.  i can chat with a gal like we're old friends.  Since I'm not looking, I've been chatting with women like we're old friends.

Click
You found Mrs. MNS? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Sep 06, 2008 at 12:59:45 AM EST
I'd thought she'd been obfuscated.

A pound | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback