Print Story ATTN: Toronto Area Infidels
Art
By spacejack (Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 06:37:42 AM EST) (all tags)
I have a show next week.

Update [2008-9-3 14:11:4 by spacejack]: Of course just as I post the flyer, the details change... pls. note updated location.

It's at a store owned by a couple of friends of mine, who sell neato fashions and stuff that they design themselves. The walls don't really allow for very big work, so this is a prefect opportunity to show some of the smaller drawing work that I've been doing over the past year or two.

Update [2008-9-3 14:11:4 by spacejack]: So the location has changed to their other store, "Trap Door". I don't know if this means I'm getting bumped up, down or sideways, but aside from the location, the details are the same.

Anyway, if you're in town, or going to be in town next Thursday, come by and check it out.

SLIPSTREAM - Drawings and prints by Mike Linkovich - TRAP DOOR - Sept. 11, 7-10pm - 2993 Dundas St. W
< 32.1 Miles. 15.4 MPH. 170 BPM (at the top of the hill at the end of my ride...) | I'd already like to erase 2008 and it's not over yet >
ATTN: Toronto Area Infidels | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
congratulations! by R343L (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 06:45:58 AM EST
And I wish I could be in town to go see it!

thanks by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 07:06:38 AM EST
The store's not that big, so it'll be a small-ish show to warm up with. I should be doing these more regularly.

P.S. here's a link for you. If you're interested in seeing how his work evolved, compare the older work he did for Moon Knight, then Dazzler, then have a look at Moby Dick or Stray Toasters.

I was wondering about him lately by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 07:44:15 AM EST
He signed a bunch of my Lone Wolf and Cub covers when I was dumb little kid.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

thanks I shall have a look by R343L (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 09:19:46 AM EST
And yes, you should do more! There have to be like 10 shops per block in Toronto that would like showing art.

AWESOME!! by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #17 Thu Sep 04, 2008 at 09:56:59 AM EST
Congrats on the show!
Also, Bill S. did great work on Thor's Beta Ray Bill and the New Mutants.

Thanks by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Sep 04, 2008 at 10:28:52 AM EST
New Mutants! That's the title where I think he started establishing his maverick comic artist reputation. A friend of mine had a bunch of those. Great covers and b&w artwork.

risqué by 256 (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 07:36:08 AM EST
opening an art show featuring a toppled CN Tower on sept 11.

I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
aw crap! by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 07:46:14 AM EST
I didn't even think about that...

I will try my best to make it! by me0w (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 07:50:54 AM EST

It'd be great to see you there! by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 08:05:05 AM EST
There will doubtless be drinking after the opening.

Prefect Opportunity? by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 08:06:19 AM EST
They're making you "head boy"?

... Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Congrats on the show!

Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
How embarassing... by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 08:13:11 AM EST
I don't recognize this reference.

Well, I *thought* it was a reference by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 08:21:58 AM EST
to Harry Potter, but maybe that's just the early-onset Alzheimer's talking.

Hmm by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 08:45:49 AM EST
Tried a different version... oops overwrote the old one. Anyway, not that I have anything against risque stuff, it's just unintentionally risque that bugs me.

\m/ RAWK \m/ by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 09:30:39 AM EST

Look out for terrorists, of course, but ROCK ON, SIR!

Congrats! by cam (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 04:21:26 PM EST

Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic
see this man's stuff by garlic (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 04:45:05 PM EST
and buy things from him. I did, and you should too!

OUT OF TORONTO AUTOREPLY by komet (4.00 / 1) #16 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 11:23:30 PM EST
THIS USER IS CURRENTLY OUT OF TORONTO.

When is the Zurich show?

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
clearly, by misslake (4.00 / 1) #19 Thu Sep 04, 2008 at 05:18:24 PM EST
YOU SHOULD MOVE TO TORONTO SO YOU WON'T MISS THE SHOW!

So cool! by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri Sep 05, 2008 at 11:08:12 AM EST
I totally want to come!!!! But, of course, it's on one of the two days I will watching people audition for our upcoming shows. So... that totally suckeroos. You must have another soon, and give me more notice!!! I hope it goes super well, which it will of course (that's because you rock!).

*twinkle*twinkle*

yeah my planning for this wasn't so great by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri Sep 05, 2008 at 11:48:29 AM EST
They also just opened this new store, so the date and location changed. I'll plan a bigger show hopefully in a gallery next time with lots of advance notice.

ATTN: Toronto Area Infidels | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback