Print Story I survived the night
Love
By gzt (Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 05:54:29 AM EST) gzt, dentist, pushups (all tags)
Despite my worries about impending death and destruction (http://www.hulver.com/scoop/story/2008/9/23/112218/968 and http://www.hulver.com/scoop/comments/2008/9/23/135458/831/3#3), I woke up feeling, well, chipper.

However, the moment I stepped out of bed, I collapsed. There is a lesson here: eat Oreo shakes and never leave your bed and you will be AWESOME.

Drama at work.

I'm sore all over, but it's not because I'm sick, it's because I'm vigorous.

I watched the new Heroes episodes on my computer last night. Oh, come ON. No spoilers, but this is just getting ridiculous. More ridiculous than season 2, which is saying something. And how the hell does somebody who is able to heal himself get a scar?!

Dentist today. Woo. Went in to work early, leaving shortly after three. The dentist is one block from my apartment and two blocks from the train. My plan is to hop off the train, run home, brush the teeth, maybe change out of work clothes, and run to the dentist. I probably have some cavities, I hope I don't need any other work besides that. I haven't been to a dentist in a couple years.

I haven't run or studied in the past couple days because I've been ill. No mental or physical effort for me, thanks. I'm doing a lot better than yesterday, at least. I still think, instead of going anywhere tonight or even thinking, I'll just curl up in a ball and try to stay alive.

This query is taking forever. I think I did it wrong.

Well, I lied about no physical effort: I will keep up with the pushups required of me.

< Do you answer honestly? | Random stuff >
I survived the night | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Is chipper short for Cziperski? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 06:05:19 AM EST
The Russian barista?

drat, I forgot to include the update! by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 06:14:18 AM EST
So I walked by the coffee shop today and saw they had a vaguely Asian-looking girl there today. I was not tempted to get coffee, though she could, in fact, be Russian, since some Russians look vaguely Asian. I suspect the Russian coffee girl already got married off to a customer. That's the problem with having Russian ones instead of Germans, they just go too fast.

I don' brush my teeth before going to the dentist by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 06:18:42 AM EST
I feel like it's cheating them of the real me.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

I don't study before tests, either. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 06:21:34 AM EST
To my mind, it's the sort of common courtesy of taking a shower before you get a physical. Okay, yes, they're going to be cleaning your teeth, so it's a little redundant, but they're going to look at them first, so they might as well not be grody.

ditto by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 08:56:15 AM EST
I would hate to be the dentist who had to deal with my bad breath - I always brush and use mouth wash before I go.

Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
I have to shower before my physicals! by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 03:37:01 PM EST
My doctor is a female who my wife hangs out with socially. Cuz she's my age or younger. And a little hot. Crap.

My dentist is a grandma, so ferget it. I likes the lulz.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

what if the guy who heals himself wants a scar? by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 06:24:51 AM EST
The question boils down to whether or not the healing in question requires an act of will to be accomplished.

Cicero, The Republic
Good point. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 06:31:13 AM EST
I think healing for him does require some conscious effort since it's not a native ability.

Man, I *have* to find a Baskin Robbins near me... by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 07:27:22 AM EST

I so want to be awesome...

Vigor is a dangerous mistress. Stay up, Friar T.

at the very least by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 07:41:53 AM EST
it would silence all those haters who are like, "OMG, you're so thin, you should eat more."

I survived the night | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback