Print Story On her MFCs secret service
Music
By TPD (Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 12:34:10 AM EST) (all tags)
your mission should you choose to accept it is to produce a bond inspired MFC entry to celebrate the soon to be released new film QUANTUM OF SOLLACE

Do you expect me to talk?
No Mr bond I expect you to sing!

Update:
Voting has commenced go here
to register you vote

RULES

1 - Can you do a cover of an existing Bond song? YES
2 - Can you make your own? YES
3 - Can you ski off a mountain Releasing a Union Jack (yes I know flag) parachute to glide you to safety? - YES
4 - Can you put on a sparkly dress and prance about doing Shirley Bassey impressions - WHAT YOU DO IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN HOME IS ENTIRELY YOUR OWN BUISINESS
5 - Can you leave your guitar in it's box citing the fact you bought a house a year ago as an excuse not to create an entry? - ABSOLUTELY NOT
6 - Can you do a better job than Jack White and Alicia keys? - MAYBE
7 - Can these rules be ignored - ALL EXCEPT 5
8 - But that means you can ignore 7 OUCH my head hurts!
9 - REVISED Can I give praise to Ad Hoc for offering Hosting space and an Upload facility here: http://hulver.panograph.net/mfc.cfm?fc=mfc007 - PRAISE AND/OR CASH DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTABLE!

This Diary will self destruct in 30 seconds

< "Not Always Full - Nearly Empty Night Trains" | All for one and one for all >
On her MFCs secret service | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I shall enter a single note by herbert (4.00 / 5) #1 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 04:35:01 AM EST
taken from Scott Joplin's "Solace".

It will be a "Quantum" of "Solace".

hahahahahahahahah

Yeah, okay. BUT by dark nowhere (4.00 / 3) #5 Tue Sep 23, 2008 at 05:03:30 PM EST
should I contrive some formula from this note and plot it on the complex plane (Mandelbrot style), then it had better render many variations on the current MFC theme, complete with imagery.

Chill out, snowflake.

LOL by spacejack (4.00 / 3) #2 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 06:45:33 AM EST
Best MFC guidelines ever!

I look forward to hearing these.

If anyone has by Herring (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 12:48:21 PM EST
an MP3 of the complete traditional Bond theme, it would be most appreciated.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Tah by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #4 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 02:15:28 PM EST
I have just listened to the real theme by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 01:10:07 AM EST
It is fucking awful.  It's a) not a good song, and b) not a Bond theme.

How the hell did this get chosen? I have no doubt that every MFC entry will be superior.

I mainly agree with this post by TPD (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 04:53:39 AM EST
though I've found it's grown on me a little with subsequent listens , to the extent I can't now say I truly hate it.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
how does it compare by dr k (4.00 / 2) #8 Sat Sep 27, 2008 at 05:37:01 PM EST
to Madonna's "is there something wrong with the sound system?" opening track from Die Another Day?

:| :| :| :| :|

There's a better one by Eveley (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 06:42:17 AM EST
For those who haven't seen it; this proposed theme absolutely kills the original.

I love the bridge.

Awesome :) by TPD (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 12:46:43 PM EST
I likee :D

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Revised to Dec 3? by Phil Urich (4.00 / 1) #11 Sat Nov 29, 2008 at 06:27:51 PM EST
Oh thank Trudeau. Not only have I slept through the last couple days, but apparently my amp is in on the conspiracy to make me miserable and decided to suddenly die. I still need to figure out at least a second verse (I mean, a one-verse song? really?) and it'll probably end up with me badly playing my broken acoustic guitar . . . but hey. I love these MFCs, all the entries are always entertaining, and I really need to take part again. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to drown my sorrows in expensive import beer and hipster food.

Date been put back to the 12th by TPD (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 04:51:04 AM EST
if that helps?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Sweet! by Phil Urich (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Dec 09, 2008 at 04:07:59 PM EST
It definitely does; among other things, the left-channel of the line-out on my sound board has started buzzing :( but I should be able to make the 12th easily nonetheless.

I am honestly by Herring (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 11:20:06 AM EST
working on an entry. But it's hard.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
You now have till friday by TPD (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Dec 14, 2008 at 11:15:45 PM EST
I'll probably push it out a little further if you need but I'd like to kill this off by chrimbo!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Here is my on-the-cusp-late entry by Phil Urich (4.00 / 1) #15 Sat Dec 13, 2008 at 02:29:12 AM EST
and by that, I mean here.  I could not, for the life of me, get rid of the goddamn hum.  I don't know where it comes from, and why it's suddenly there . . . I've also been absurdly busy (by which I mean preoccupied) over the last week and so . . . well, you know, sometimes how you do something off the cuff and it's entirely ad-hoc yet somehow nothing you do afterwards, no matter how practiced, manages to seem as worthy?  Well here it is.  (I'll upload it to the central site in a minute).  I'm still very proud of the idea and the words, awkward as they may be.  My delivery, well, that's another story ;)  And panning it hard-left and hard-right, well, again a decision that Sober Me will probably denounce as stupid, but there ya go.

But maaaaan.  I'm actually quite enamored with my own entry, so how amazing must everyone else's entries be, eh?  I'm pretty excited!

On her MFCs secret service | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback