Print Story Fancy new posting interface
By Phil the Canuck (Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 06:41:12 AM EST) (all tags)
I'd better post something.

What my boss did today

Well, actually what he did over the weekend/prior to today that I only just found out about.  First, he scheduled me to be in two places at once, during my lunch hour, training people.  Second, when he ordered the number port for our shelter (i.e. domestic abuse shelter) he canceled the number for our crisis hotline and forgot to order caller ID restricted.  Honestly, the one thing we really can't afford to mess up is the shelter phones.  How hard is this?  We're already porting them on the backup date because he forgot to coordinate vendors.

Just got back from a conference call with the various parties relevant to our phone installation.  "We didn't realize that number was anything."

Yeah, it's not like it's published on every piece of material relating to the shelter.  I'm sure he asked the staff there and they gave him bad information.  Totally sure.

Either way, this 'we' thing is like a little kick in the nuts every time he says it.

What my kids are doing today

Homework, because they both got assignments-by-mail.  Assignments due the first day of school.  As a kid, I always thought teachers who did that deserved a kick in the nuts.

What I am doing today

Training people and, despite The Boss' best efforts, eating lunch.
< Things that do not suck. | Moo >
Fancy new posting interface | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Do you and NFB work together? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 08:15:28 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nope by Phil the Canuck (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 08:59:33 AM EST

Our bosses may have trained together though. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 11:55:00 AM EST

I'd have rather gotten 1st day of school by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 08:30:13 AM EST
homework for my kids than the complete lack of any information from their schools that we did get. Nothing at all.

"It's the abstract I deal in; software, and donuts." MohammedNiyalSayeed
If it makes you feel any better by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 09:00:26 AM EST
The bus garage mailed our busing information to the correct address, but had our kids being bused from our old address.

Dang, across the Peace Bridge? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 09:16:50 AM EST

Not that far by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 09:23:09 AM EST

Jeez by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 09:04:18 AM EST
As a kid, I always thought teachers who did that deserved a kick in the nuts.

I think that they do.  I mean, what the hell?

You just probably spent a week or more gearing them up for school with pens, pencils, backpacks and clothes at some outrageous cost.  Now you have to chivvy them into doing BS make-work homework?

And we wonder why kids don't take school seriously.  You are either in school or not.  We tell all of our kids, "Hey, school is your JOB!" but then we don't follow the same rules.  Or, it could be construed that we follow the bad rules of the workplace.  Like working on a vacation day.

I just can't see the sense in it.  Kids haven't been taught anything new, they don't have new textbooks yet.  Why bother with crap like giving them assignments that are due on the day they start?  An adult wouldn't put up with shit like that after a vacation, nor would they put up with it starting a new job.  Unless they are suckers, that is.

I know that it isn't possible to always have the same rules for kids and for adults, kids lack judgment.   But they do know when they are getting jobbed with a double standard.

Gedvondur

"I love my brain. It's the only organ I can afford to lose." --frijolito
As a parent by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 09:18:51 AM EST
These teachers beat the ones who just don't do anything.  Skulking around the back of the classroom waiting for their big, fat pension to tick over.

I see a pattern.... by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 10:11:21 AM EST
something to do with a kick in the nuts. I wonder what Freud would think?

*twinkle*twinkle*

Freud by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 3) #12 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 01:46:48 PM EST
also deserved a good kick in the nuts.

sounds exciting by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 10:24:46 AM EST
all I did today was clean the house, chew out the pharmacist for giving me crap for picking up clock's drugs ("This is NOT 1950"), and ordered a sample pack of cloth diapers.

now I will go read while the dude naps (which is the highlight of my day, seriously).

Really? by Phil the Canuck (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 01:47:47 PM EST
I pick up prescriptions for the wife and never get lectured.

hell by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 02:49:06 PM EST
my partner could pick up my prescriptions before we were married.

---------
first time it has ever happened by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Sep 03, 2008 at 04:41:51 AM EST

Fancy new posting interface | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback