Print Story Girls on College
Art
By spacejack (Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 04:20:43 AM EST) (all tags)
Anti-diet, Chester Brown: libertarian candidate, post-show thoughts.

The one girl had this bike with a really long frame. So it looks kinda weird because it is a weird-looking bike.

Girls on College

Skill-testing Toronto question: where is this? Be more precise than "on College."

Greyrat, I don't have their numbers.

What's a good, healthy snack food? I'd like to maintain a little more weight than I do now, and I think snacking could be the key. I just get tired of most snacks fast and stop eating them.

Speaking of eating, I need to learn how to make some Middle Eastern food. I buy far too much of it.

Local comic artist Chester Brown wants to run as a libertarian candidate. That riding is pretty much a lock for Olivia Chow (NDP) though (not that a libertarian would have much of a chance in any riding,) and even Brown seems already resigned to defeat. Still, I'm hoping for nicely-drawn campaign posters. I stopped by the comic shop the other day to add my signature for his nomination. Mine was #4.
So, as far as sales have gone from my show, I'm a bit disappointed in not selling any originals. Prints, particularly colour ones, are selling pretty well though. I guess they're probably a better match for the location. But regardless, it's nice to have the originals matted and framed now.

The popular pieces so far seem to be pictures featuring MissTrish, misslake and 256. And the droids.

< Wii Fit Diary: Week 1 | ELECTION 2008 >
Girls on College | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Snack food by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 04:46:51 AM EST
I may be able to help you, seven year old really likes a Walmart indulgence trail mix, but generally just eats the chocolate, butterscotch and yogurt chips out of it, so we end up with lots of peanuts, cashews, raisins and almonds leftover that are just a little grubbed up.

RE: Numbers. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 04:56:46 AM EST
Dude. You. Are. A. Slacker!

This is a much more structured pic than your usual work. Neither a criticism nor a comment, just an observation.

My afternoon snack usually consists of almonds and CrasinsTM (about a quarter cup of each) and a hard boiled egg. Filling and frugal.

Possibly... by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 06:11:33 AM EST
I used a ruler to pencil in the main lines, and the perspective was pretty tame so it's fairly rectilinear. Not too crazy about the way the girl on the bike is getting lost in the background details. I think it may have been a better drawing when I just had the foreground elements in.

Is that just above . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 04:58:13 AM EST
. . . Kensington market area (west of Spadina, east of Bathurst)? Or farther along in little Italy . . . hmm, it's been a while, it has.

Sorry I couldn't make your show - I was planning on going early, around 4/5pm, but then actually found out it didn't start until later, and I was booked up for the rest of the eve. Next time for sure.

Close by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 06:14:02 AM EST
Just a few blocks west of Bathurst, north side. I usually walk by this corner on my way home.

No worries about the show. I actually had a pretty good turnout considering how last minute I left the invites.

Oh, and for your snack suggestion . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 07:32:58 AM EST
. . . cheese curds.

Cheese? by R343L (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 05:30:05 AM EST
Snack on cheese! If you get bored with cheese (given how much variety there is), I will have to hunt you down. Well, you'll be excused if you just don't like / choose not to eat cheese, but ...

I noticed on your website that some things have prints available and others don't. Is this just a matter of which pieces you got scanned / whatever (I'm not sure how making prints from physical art works)? Or some other reason?

Rachael

Yeah by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 06:17:11 AM EST
It takes a while to prepare something for print, especially for DeviantArt which has a limited number of print sizes (a lot of my stuff was done without thinking about reproduction sizes.)

I need to come up with a better print-selling plan. DA's a pretty good service, but they're expensive and so I don't like marking stuff up too much there.

But if you're looking for something, let me know.

I shall perhaps mail you by R343L (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 07:02:28 AM EST
The pieces I most like on your site do not seem to have a print available. But it's no big deal anyway.

I'm guessing deviant also probably takes a pretty big cut as well, no?

Kalendar is delicious by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 05:47:30 AM EST
and the starbucks placement is unfortunate

ypu're a chair
Notice how I by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 06:19:24 AM EST
kept the evil Starbucks sign just out of frame.

I may need to get some more figure poses from you...

Np by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 07:28:58 AM EST
but this weekend is getting crazy. I already have to back out of two sets of plans to go be with my family. (messy, messy, messy)

Next week is shaping up to be similarly horrible. I can't wait until the whole grandpa being dead thing becomes a non-issue.

ypu're a chair
*hugs* by R343L (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 08:20:25 AM EST
I hope it clears out really fast. You should find an evening to hang out and relax though!

Snacks by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 05:55:13 AM EST
Lärabars!

Good and good for you.

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
Healthy snack food by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 07:48:29 AM EST
First, if you get tired of foods quickly then, obviously, you want to keep things mixed up rather than picking one thing. George mentioned trail mix - and I agree, I'll even mix my own, throwing raisins into a bag with some peanuts and cashews.

But, for a pre-packaged choice, there's an amazing dark horse candidate: Fritos. Believe it or not,  Plain Fritos only have 3 ingredients: corn, corn oil, salt.. No preservatives or flavoring. So, if you're looking to add some calories to your diet, they might fit in the mix.

Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Got any originals not on your site? by garlic (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 10:32:54 AM EST
Got any prices for the originals?

Good question. by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Sep 19, 2008 at 06:27:42 PM EST
I'd be willing to pay for a signed original, too.

To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
See my reply to garlic by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #19 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 06:07:53 AM EST
I haven't really had time to keep a sold/available list up-to-date on my site. Just let me know if there's something you're interested in.

Pretty much everything by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #18 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 06:04:48 AM EST
that anyone would be interested in (including a lot of stuff no-one would want) is up on my site.

If there's something you like let me know, I can probably arrange to make a print, or I can let you know if I've still got the original.

KALENDER!!! right next to the starbucks. by misslake (4.00 / 1) #20 Sat Sep 20, 2008 at 04:04:58 PM EST
i didn't read the other coments i might have already lost the contest.

You're no loser of this contest by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #21 Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 06:53:20 AM EST
I'm noticing that this place seems to be a chick magnet... I may have to check it out sometime.

PS, check your snail mail sometime this week.

i used to love it like no other bar in town by misslake (4.00 / 1) #22 Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 04:41:32 PM EST
it has been smoke free since the mid 90s. it was a haven for me. (i could go there without wearing my gas mask!)
they have organic wines, and this realy great pear and caramel appetizer platter.
it's a nice little bar.

i am excited to check my post box!

Girls on College | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback