Print Story on being alive
By clock (Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 06:58:37 AM EST) (all tags)
No power.  No phone.  Internet via dad's mobile only.  Family ok.  House ok.  Food ok.  temperature blessed.

All is well.  Will post again when we can.  Having a great time wish you were here.
< Today Was My Birthday | Black Swans >
on being alive | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Welcome back! by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 07:03:01 AM EST
What do you need?

Yay on being alive! by R343L (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 07:03:14 AM EST
Glad you're all safe!

I'm sure you're thinking of it as practice for family camping and backpacking adventures, even.

Rachael

Yaahoo! by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 07:03:16 AM EST
What a relief!

"It's the abstract I deal in; software, and donuts." MohammedNiyalSayeed
I can breathe again. by toxicfur (4.00 / 4) #4 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 07:04:54 AM EST
I've now heard from all the people I know in the Houston area (including a woman I know from high school). I'm so glad you guys are okay. Stay safe, and let us know if there's anything we can do for you from afar.

To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
No phone! by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #5 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 07:07:51 AM EST
No lights!
No motor car!
Not a single luxury!
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primitive as can be

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
Great news by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #6 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 07:09:34 AM EST

Glad you're alive by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 4) #7 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 08:12:32 AM EST
This post could have only been made better by adding 'STOP' at the end of each sentence.

w00t! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 08:12:55 AM EST
/me does the happy dance.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Whew. by blixco (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 08:13:19 AM EST
I am planning on bringing

* guns
* food
* solar power
* baby items
* anything else still on the shelves at the store, which is roughly ramen noodles and some sort of fish soup

However, my time for doing this (this weekend) has been precluded by the evil. I will respond with the above when possible,

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Thanks for letting us know by iGrrrl (4.00 / 2) #10 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 08:31:13 AM EST

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

RAWK! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #11 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 08:56:18 AM EST
It's good to hear your clan pulled through.

Excellent news by theboz (4.00 / 2) #12 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:11:42 AM EST
If I can get through on your phone, I'll call to tell you as well, but we now have power, phone, internet, family, house, and no food yet.  So if you all need a place to stay that is baby-friendly and with all the amenities listed above, feel free to come over.  Just make sure you have enough gasoline to get here.

- - - - -
Woo hoo! by hulver (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:29:45 AM EST
Keep at it!

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
How's the dog? by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #14 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 01:01:44 PM EST
Dude's first hurricane. Hope you got lots of pictures.

Glad you're OK. Glad I'm not there.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nicely done. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #15 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 01:20:51 PM EST
You passed the Protector of the Family test!

Best post I've read all week! by Lady Jane (4.00 / 2) #16 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 02:06:19 PM EST
n/t

-----------------------------------------
"Buttons aren't toys" -- Trillian
I'm using this as a marker. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 04:34:24 PM EST
is it really hot and humid in June?

Click