Print Story Hum, hi.
By iGrrrl (Fri Sep 12, 2008 at 06:47:38 AM EST) (all tags)
 Hoovers, potentates, scientists, old friends.

Just to report that I met up with blixco and Dr. L (who arrived on her motorcycle, looking very much the badass neuroscientist, and thus I adore her more), the emperor Atreides and empress Welsh Girl (and now I know why he calls her that, and by the way, let me just say Wow, and it's not that he found a bride worthy of his lofty stature, but maybe, maybe his lofty stature made him worthy of her), and my old friend who I thought they'd like. They seemed to. He and blixco knew a lot of the same ex-Dell folks, and he and Atreides bonded over mini painting techniques.

You know, I really, really like these people, and got a full-on, off the ground excellent hug from the emperor himself to take home with me. My face hurt from smiling so much.

Thanks, Hulver.
< I had a great title | Post 9/11 >
Hum, hi. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
"badass neuroscientist" by gpig (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Sep 12, 2008 at 07:19:19 AM EST
(,   ,') -- eep
She is by blixco (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Sep 12, 2008 at 07:32:07 AM EST
pretty awesome.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Glad we got to see you. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Sep 12, 2008 at 07:32:47 AM EST
And that Hoovers wasn't so crowded that we couldn't talk. It was a good time.

Thanks, Hulver!

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
You're welcome by hulver (4.00 / 4) #4 Fri Sep 12, 2008 at 11:38:12 AM EST
This place is nothing without the people. And there are some good people here.

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
"And there are some good people here." by MostlyHarmless (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Sep 15, 2008 at 09:01:42 PM EST
is taking stiff British understatement to the extreme.

The least flattering thing I can say about anyone here is that I like having a pint with them. There are multiple people who I've met who I can genuinely say that I will die a happier person for having known them. There are a few where I am at a loss for words that do justice to their character. I do not think this statement impugns my vocabulary or capacity for articulation either.

yeah, there are some good people here.

-mh