Print Story Compare and contrast.
By nightflameblue (Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 10:45:17 AM EST) (all tags)
BB and I have interesting lives.

Last night, Pup2 got turned outside by Mrs. NFB while she sat down to play video games. Pup2, as she does from time to time, caught herself a rabbit. Not seeing anyone calling her to the house, she proceeded to eat some of it.

My opinion once it was discovered was, that's what (some) dogs do. Thank her, tell her she's a good dog for protecting her yard, put the rest of it somewhere until it can be dealt with when she's not watching, then give her a few minutes to make sure she's not going to yack the part she ate up. Big whoop. And look at the bright side, when the end comes, we got us a provider. She catches at least a couple rabbits a month, and that's when there's no real need to in a fenced in yard. She always brings them to the door first. If we don't take them right away, she eats them. It's pretty clear she wants us to know we get dibs on any meat she catches. And that's pretty rocking.

Mrs. NFB has a breakdown about it. Not as bad as it used to be, because she's slowly gotten used to it. But when Pup2 digs in, she really can't handle it.

Perspective:

BB brings me a story today. His cell bill for all his family phones rings up around $250 over what it usually is. So, he starts going through the billing line by line to see what's up. His phone is fine. His wife's phone is fine. His son's phone is. . .

Whoah, that can't be right.

So, he calls. Turns out his son signed up for some game service - SIX TIMES. Then proceeded to download over seventy-five MB of games and videos.

His wife says, and this is a direct quote near as I heard, "You'd better stay between him and me tonight. Otherwise, you're going to have a body to get rid of."

A nine year old is gonna have to do a lot of yardwork and snow blowing to make up $250. Gotta say, that's impressive work.

Mrs. NFB should find relief that the worst of our "kid" problems is that we have a hunter among us. Which, in my mind, just means free food for the coming apocalypse. What's BB's kid contributing?

< PFC 7 - The voting | It's been a while >
Compare and contrast. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Deferred payoff used to be the goal by marvin (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 11:10:43 AM EST
I hear that the theory used to be that when you get old and need assistance in your 70's, you kids should be around and able to help. Your dog will be dead, and unable to bring you your meds, help you get dressed, or wipe you after you use the toilet.

Bleh. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 11:16:48 AM EST
We got other young relatives if we really cared about that.

Other young relatives by marvin (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 11:21:18 AM EST
I'd have a hard enough time doing that for my parents. Aunts and uncles are a few pegs further down the totem pole.

As long as a complex government exists with a cradle to grave system that is designed to provide extended medical care, you have nothing to worry about. So the likelihood of becoming zombie fodder relies on how badly GWB wrecked your economy and social safety net.

WE'RE FUCKED! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #4 Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 11:45:36 AM EST
Oh wait, I'll be mentally diminished so I don't really care.

Okay, I've decided by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 05:15:50 PM EST
Except for the songs on Death Magnetic that sound like direct rip-offs of Blackened, for which I have an undying love, it is a lousy album. Not musically, except for the Unforgivable III, but lyrically, which I pay too much attention to.

I formally disavow all Metallica post 1988, except for Live Shit, which is a wikkid box set from the Alcoholica days.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

Live Shit's pretty cool. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Sep 11, 2008 at 02:40:49 AM EST
I have yet to find anything redeemable about any of the new songs. Even the rip-offs of Blackened don't cover enough new territory to qualify as good songs on their own.

Judas Kiss? BLOWS!

It kills me that old Metallica could write a nine minute song that held my interest, new Metallica can't write six minutes that doesn't bore me to death.

Mrs NFB needs to read by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Sep 11, 2008 at 04:19:41 AM EST
Dogs in Elk

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

No. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Sep 11, 2008 at 04:32:36 AM EST
That wouldn't help.

I can't count the number of times Mrs. NFB repeats the phrase, "I hate nature." Most of the time because of the entire meat phenomenon.

Well then by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Sep 11, 2008 at 06:59:01 AM EST
You need to read it.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I bookmarked it for home reading. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Sep 11, 2008 at 08:50:23 AM EST
You know, when I have time.

Compare and contrast. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback