Print Story Things I need to do.
By nightflameblue (Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 04:18:35 AM EST) (all tags)
And things I done did already.

Things I need to do:
  • Call the motorcycle shop because they haven't mailed out the paperwork like they said they would.
  • Call the plumber, because we had a major incident last night involving a bunch of shit I don't dare tear into myself. Unless I wanted to make it even more interesting.
  • Call the glass installers from my windshield and ask them why they are charging me $250 while the dispatch office is charging us $675 while our insurance deductible is $250 and the insurance company is expecting that payment from us as well. Somebody's triple dipping, and I want to find out who so that I can track them down and extract my money back out of them.
  • Call AFKS because he supposedly wanted to come see the bike today, even though he's told me in no uncertain terms that motorcycles suck, suck, SUCK and it makes no sense to hurtle yourself down the road on something you have to balance on. Still sorting that one out in my head.

Things I already did:

• Talked with Mr. Mom about the bike situation. Surprisingly, he said he understood because he would never lend his bike to anyone when he had one either.
  • Got the XBox all internetted last night and played a death match with a bunch of people WAY over my skill level. It was still fun being blown to pieces every few seconds. (Why does my spell checker say "internetted" is a valid word?)
  • Got my supplies for the Rider's Course and started going through the reading material. Should have that finished by the weekend and get the forms all filled out. Lots of waivers and things. I find it disturbing that one of the waivers says something to the effect that the course trainers may intentionally cause me harm but I'm not to hold anyone responsible for it. What are they gonna do, have me ride a bike into a brick wall?

I think there's supposed to be some four year game sport thing going on too.

Oh, and have you heard Brett Favre joined the Jets? Because I'm sure there's some ant living under a rock in the Sahara that hasn't heard that yet.

Funny thing, Destro has posters up all over his office of various Green Bay dudes. He also has a super-frame with Favre and, uh, somebody, one of the receivers. Anyway, he took paper and covered up Favre. When asked, his only response is, "he's dead to me." HA HA HA! Wait until the season starts.

Yeah, enough for a Friday. Outz.

< oooh yeah! | Why is there no fashion/clothing category? >
Things I need to do. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Where's duxup by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 05:00:34 AM EST
to offer unkind words, his being a hapless vikings fan..

I still think him going to Minnesota would have by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 05:15:37 AM EST
been good. Not because he'd bring the team up, but because we'd finally stop hearing about how he is the greatest player of all time EVAR in any sport that ever existed since the stone age EVAR! Minnesota has a history of hiring on experienced, supposedly terrific quarterbacks and then turning them into worthless piles of garbage.

Come to think of it, they do that with other positions too.

In more important news by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 05:40:59 AM EST
Manny is under investigation.
The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
I was wondering about Handy Manny by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 05:47:34 AM EST
you never see him offer his Social Security card and  photo ID when he does his carpentry.

My best guess by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 06:29:20 AM EST
Net is verb and inter is a valid prefix for verbs.

That said, internetted gets flagged as being misspelled by my spell checker.

Cicero, The Republic
Or the simpler answer by Herring (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 06:46:16 AM EST
someone added it to the dictionary.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Who's adding words to my dictionary? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 07:54:47 AM EST
It's local, and I'm the only one that even knows the keymap on this system.

My money is on marketing by Herring (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 09:25:17 AM EST
They are always making up words.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
WIN! by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 10:02:24 AM EST
In fact, I don't believe we can accept any other suggestions at this point.

xbox w/internet by garlic (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Aug 19, 2008 at 01:18:07 PM EST
sounds like a good idea...

Personal money is running a little low at the moment though so I'll have to hold off for a while.

It's good for some fun. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Aug 20, 2008 at 02:45:36 AM EST
But if money became tight it'd be the first "service" I'd drop.

Things I need to do. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback