Print Story It's... another German girl?!
Marriage
By gzt (Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 04:37:54 AM EST) gzt, german coffee girl (all tags)
I got up early this morning and got to work early, so I needed some coffee. Happens once every couple weeks or so. So, I went to the coffee shop in the basement (by the way, I work in one of the buildings from the new Batman movie, if that helps you visualize it) to order some coffee...

And my usual German girl isn't there. Oh noes! The girl at the counter asked me what I wanted and... she had a thick and unmistakable German accent.

What's going on?

Scientific research will have to be done. I will have to probe this matter thoroughly and vigorously.

< OK, stop the Internet. | Nothing like the pros >
It's... another German girl?! | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I suspect a Neo-Nazi plot by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 04:43:43 AM EST
A Fifth Column of Nazis are being smuggled into your town, and they begin to learn American ways while serving coffee. Later they fan out into the country.

I was thinking of this: by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 05:15:43 AM EST
Thanks for the reminder. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 07:52:53 AM EST
Must request Stasi file.

Store policy. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 05:08:18 AM EST
They teach the coffee girls to speak with a thick German accent to get men to keep coming back to try and figure out why they are speaking with thick German accents.

Also, hi Batman.

I suppose that's why it's German, too by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 05:19:25 AM EST
If it were French, I'd actually try to marry them or something, German just keeps me curious about the accent. I bet that Hegewischian will start speaking with an accent, too.

Slavs by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 07:03:43 AM EST
Seems the wrong approach. I'd think a nice Russian accept would get more men to come back. Maybe that's just me...
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
It's gotta be a balancing act. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 07:09:49 AM EST
You want men to be curious, but not too turned on or they'd have to constantly train n00bs to man the counter because they'd be getting snapped up by horny guys.

Yeah, Russian would be impossible by gzt (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 07:16:02 AM EST
See NFB's comment.

It's a glitch in the Matrix by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 05:12:07 AM EST
Usually happens when they change something.

What does this look like, 2000? by debacle (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 05:21:17 AM EST
I'm sure I've got the year wrong, but eh.

Step One by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 05:55:35 AM EST

is going to be to get some proper German paperwork of your own, and visit the German Embassy to begin infiltrating this so-called basement coffee shop.

who needs German paperwork... by gzt (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 06:09:36 AM EST
...when you have a German tactical polo shirt?

Ich bin ein barrista! by theboz (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 06:41:57 AM EST
Well, not me, but it sounded like something good to say at the time.
- - - - -
I walked up and down lasalle by garlic (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 08:13:13 AM EST
with an architectural tour a month ago. Nice looking buildings, and easier to spot them in the movie.

It's... another German girl?! | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback