Print Story Finally got internets at home working again
Logic & Maths
By gzt (Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 06:43:21 AM EST) gzt, used car, hawaii (all tags)
Had difficulties because I didn't know the password, so I had to call my roommate in Hawaii so he could reset the password for the account with the ISP.

This will someday happen to me: http://www.nataliedee.com/082608/i-love-you-cheerio-but-all-good-things-must-come-to-an-end.jpg

I'm still sore from my bout with the medicine ball on Sunday - everything around my hips. I'll run today. For some reason I feel compelled to get a glute and ham developer. My hands are getting beat up from doing pullups off the deck at my apartment. Blood pressure: 113/61. Pulse: 64. There's something about having that machine down the hall, I just like having numbers.

I'm so glad I have internet back at home. The setup tool they gave me was evil. I eventually did it manually and then discovered I didn't have the password. And couldn't reset it because I didn't know the answer to the security question because it was my roommate's thing. So I had to call the roommate in Hawaii and hope he wasn't on the beach. He was, but he was answering his phone and was able to write down the info he needed in the sand with his toes while we were talking.

Car: obtained. I hope it will last out a trip to the Great State of Iowa. Mechanic said it should be fine, but time will tell. Frig, when will I have time to go and get title and registration stuff?

I'm a nervous wreck. Perhaps "existential wreck" is a better term. I'm lost in the cosmos. Everything I do is wrong. And I'm sore all over. Well, around the hips. Muscles, not joints.

Last night was not a dark and stormy night: I don't drink while I'm a wreck. Well, I might have a drink. I won't be drinking much for a while. It's all well and good to drink when jolly, but when you're on an existential quest for truth and such, you have to watch yourself, and if you can't, you need to go to AA, SA, NA, OA, or whatever it is you need. At least, that's what I say.

< Haps and mishaps | Bike fun >
Finally got internets at home working again | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Why are you lost in the cosmos? by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 08:49:31 AM EST

---------------

Destroy All Planets

All the cool kids are... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 10:06:36 AM EST
...and I'm a slave to fashion.

Well, more substantially, and since you're a literary fellow, I suppose I've been contemplating the discrepancy between existence and essence and my relation to the ground of Being, to phrase it in more modern terms.

Sounds like you need to join a church, a cooking by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 10:13:06 AM EST
class or go work a crappy job. Some of the most bourgeois problems can be cured by simple suffering. Worked for me.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

Already have 1 and 3 by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 10:28:11 AM EST
1 is what's working through this (though, for 3, unless you meant some sort of non-exempt position, in which case, I'm not going that). I wouldn't really classify this so much as a bourgeois problem, except in the way I formulated it, and that's because we're all bourgeois here. It's really rather universal, a very popular problem for illiterate goatherds to tackle, judging by the enduring popularity of that sort of literature (I know, it's ironic to use that word) in their populations.

Have you tried salvia? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:00:26 AM EST
You might benefit from it.

Uh, no. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:47:11 AM EST
I can take this world and take it straight.

You'll be fine, then. by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:56:27 AM EST
I generally try to push them all to a limit of some sort and it eventually makes something break and I'm all happy again.

---------------