Print Story What a dark and stormy weekend...
Drink
By gzt (Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 05:47:12 AM EST) gzt, bacon (all tags)
I don't remember much, just waking up with the taste of ginger in my mouth every morning.

On Friday, we went out for drinks after work because somebody new just defended her PhD dissertation. I was just going to pop in for a couple drinks and then go home and run, but her husband's coworkers were interesting, the bar was gave out a free pint of Smithwick's as a promo, and it was going to be 40 minutes until my next train, so I went with them when we migrated to a new bar for dinner and such. I ordered shrimp. It was good. I was out late. Then I went home for a dark and stormy night.

My internet at home is still out. My roommate left for Hawaii on Saturday and he was on the task of restoring it. He missed the modem delivery on Friday. @#$@. I left the delivery notice on the door with a note saying to drop it off or look me up in the call box. Frig. I really hope it gets delivered. If it bounces back, I have no way of picking it up at the place because it wasn't being delivered to me and I really don't have any of the information I need to contact the company and get them to send it again. And I really really don't want to be without internet for two more friggin' weeks. I have stuff to do. If all that time wasted trying to get the modem for free, while it did eventually work, um, sort of backfires, I'll be right pissed at the roommate. It's his job to do the internet, and if he's going on vacation, that means it's his job to get it going again before he goes or to at least set me up for success.

Oh well.

I'm sore all over. Medicine balls are tricky. Well, scratch that: my arms and shoulders aren't sore. Still, the point remains.

I did it with Sioux City ginger beer, Reed's ginger beer, and Vernor's ginger ale. The latter two are more appropriate for the drink, in my opinion. The Sioux City has too much burn.

I'm tired.

Breakfast this morning: bacon, banana, orange juice. Maybe I should've grabbed some cereal, too. Lunch will be: pastrami and mozzarella on wheat, maybe some pretzels. Dinner: who knows?

Dinner last night: a small steak (rare) with broccoli. Banana for dessert. Later: a dark and stormy night.

Maybe tonight I should do another small steak (rare) with broccoli. It's really quick to make, see.

I'm buying some used car tonight. Woo automobile. It checked out and, while it's not in perfect shape, it should hold together long enough to do what I want done.

Currently: reading the complaints from the exit interviews of people working in our call centers. I'm so glad I don't have a call center job. But, seriously, why is it so hard to get good jobs these days?

< Breathe in | I'll pee in a cup, but not for you >
What a dark and stormy weekend... | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I will try the Reed's. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 08:43:09 AM EST
Can't get Sioux City around here.

Don't bother with Sioux City by gzt (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 09:10:50 AM EST
I mean, it's decent ginger beer. And don't be fooled by the name, it's made in New York City. I believe I mentioned that before in a diary about their sarsaparilla (I believe it was called, "Sioux City my arsaparilla").

I heart Vernor's by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 10:18:14 AM EST

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
Q: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 10:36:38 AM EST
I have been drinking Vernors (from a can, no less) in these drinks too, and I've noticed that the label claims it is "Ginger Soda".

Is there a functional difference between ginger soda and ginger ale?

I really don't know by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 10:46:25 AM EST
maybe it's just a regional thing?

Vernor's tastes awesome.
The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

No apostrophe, I'm afraid. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 10:49:32 AM EST
Also, it's apparently the only God-damned useful thing to ever come out of Michigan.

After being aged three years.

In a barrel.

Vernors's, then. by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 10:55:23 AM EST
But it's not the only good thing from Michigan. There's ... uh ...

give me a minute
The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

rubber! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:27:45 PM EST

Click
Support your company you hippie by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:28:29 PM EST
mail that customer a few bottles full of pee.

The worst I've had to deal with is agreeing to burn box printouts, since they dealt with end user financial records.

oh, no, this isn't customer stuff by gzt (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 04:46:50 PM EST
When people leave the company, we send them an exit interview. Sometimes I sit down and read the comments from these exit interviews.

I am drinking a dark & stormy *right now* by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 05:10:11 PM EST
And it's delicious. Pretty soon, I'm going to run out of the Barritt's ginger beer that Kellnerin brought to my house, and then I'll have to figure out where to buy it for myself. That seems like a really friggin' huge problem.
To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
ginger by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 05:27:29 AM EST
is an excellent remedy for sea sickness and stomach troubles.