Print Story ATTN: CLEVELAND INFIDELS
Working life
By georgeha (Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 06:42:23 AM EST) beer, Letchworth, Cuyahoga, Tims (all tags)
What's the recommended fire extinguisher for dealing with that river, CO2, baking soda vinager, or chemical powder?

Plus camping in the Grand Canyon of the East, Canadian Cuisine, two daddies, my own carbon crisis, Gonzo, death row, first open house, and less

Poll: Favorite Olympic sport?

I finally got to sleep in our new tent, months after ordering, and after about 12 people have already slept it in, including twelve year old. My folks were camping in the Grand Canyon of the East, Letchworth park (I've heard Kinzua also referred to as the Grand Canyon of the East, and there are probably more places) and we went down Saturday to join them. I did sleep, but it took a while, and morning came too early. Maybe I need a better air mattress.

We did some short hikes, it's very impressive scenery, and some anxious driving, with the dumb deer gamboling on the sides of the road just waiting to run in front of you. On the way back we had brunch at a Canadian restuarant, and I was more impressed with the cuisine than I was in Nova Scotia. I guess I didn't order enough breakfast sammies in NS at Tims'.

That Friday we checked out a local pizza place, Cobbs Hill Pizza. Decades ago it was around the corner, where the Asian place is, and I went there one day with some work buds while taking a break from Illuminati (which I won, heh heh). Mrs. Ha was in the mood for some eggplant, and I gave them a call (they have no website!), they had egg plant. Off we went, it reminded me of a place on the boardwalk, order your food, pay cash only and sit down. It was very family oriented, including one of those families that makes Fundies cringe, two men and their kid. Mrs. Ha though the girl was so lucky to have two dads.

After dinner we went to Rite Aid for masculine and feminine supplies, mine were Blue Moon beer, and ran into friends from the charter school, in Porsche_dad and Porsche_boy.

We also got a notice Friday that our tree is on death row. It's no surprise, it looks dead with just a few leaves on it. Seven year old was very upset, she likes that tree. We asked for a sugar maple for a replacement, maybe we'll be making our own maple syrup, when it's big enough ( in what, 20 years?).

I'm dealing with my own carbon dioxide crisis, my tank is empty. My keg has enough natural CO2 for a few glasses, but I have to hit the welding supply store at lunch. I'm not sure about the brown ale I made, I need a few more glasses to be sure. There's a metallic taste that may be from leaving it fermenting more than 10 days.

Last night was the open house for the charter school, seven year old goes back Wednesday (without me to get her there, but that's for another paragraph). It was good to see all the other parents and MILfs, I think twelve year old is missing it, she wanted to go Wednesday as an alumni. We dropped off lots of school supplies. Twelve year old doesn't go back until the Wednesday after Labor Day, and has an open house Wednesday night the 27th, which I may miss, too.

I'm ready for school to start back up, this hasn't been a great summer, and I'll gladly exchange that mind numbing routine for a lack of kid transporting, at least for a while.

I ran out of new books to read, so I reread some Gonzo lit,
The Great shark Hunt and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, two Hunter S. Thompson books. I don't like them as much as I did as a teenager young adult, while they're good reading, the only HST book on my must read list left is Hell's Angels.

Work, work, work.

Mrs. Ha is not happy at her job, which would worry me more if she hasn't sounded unhappy at all her other jobs. She forgets what she complained about at the other jobs, so I remind her, but she needs to find out just what kind of job she would be happy at. I'm praying things get better.

Oddly, her old job called her and wanted her to come in for a few hours, she might. Maybe a few hours washing buckets alone in the back room would give her perspective.

As I've alluded to, I'm going to Cleveland for three days early next week. I'm not sure if I'll have time for a Husi meet, and I'm not sure if any Cleveland infidels even read here. The timing is bad, as usual, with school starting and open houses, but at least Mrs. Ha is off Monday so there's no child care issues. Tomorrow we're headed to the local amusement park, coincidentally it's $corp day, so I may run into co-workers.

< We escaped | Still haven't been shot yet. >
ATTN: CLEVELAND INFIDELS | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I think both those books hold up but for by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 06:57:43 AM EST
different reasons than they did 20 years ago. F & L is still good as a kind of period piece of the times, the same way Naked Lunch holds up, I think. Shark Hunt is more of a howto: for journalism, I think. Especially since most journalists doing long pieces for magazines more or less copy his style these days.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

WIPO: Water polo [nt]. by debacle (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 06:59:43 AM EST

You know by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 07:10:06 AM EST
you're supposed to lean out the passenger door and shoot the deer with your shotgun. That's why they stand there. Those canadian deer are polite, kinda like the cow that was bred to be eaten in Adam's Restaurant at the end of the universe..

Do you think there's anything the Mrs would be happy at ? She should talk to the Cleveburgh infidel, if he's still unemployed.. I believe he was looking for a career change too.. Thought might be a bit too busy bumping uglies with his new girl toy..

They were American deer, but spoiled by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 07:14:34 AM EST
because I don't think you can hunt in that park.

She thinks flower arranging. I don't know how you get into that as a job.

Buy into it ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 08:00:22 AM EST
I have a friend who did home side business of taking your bouquets (bridal, funeral, whatever), drying them, preserving them, mounting into fancy displays etc. She picked it up from someone else, bought the equipment (freeze dryer, frames, all the hardware to setup frames, etc etc).

Then she had 2 kids and doesn't do it anymore, but still looking to sell her remaining inventory and equipment..

(Not exactly flower arranging per-se, as the mounted flowers usually were re-arranged from the bouquets into different arrangements etc)

Also: vinegar/bakingsoda fire extinguishers are the same as CO2 ones..

I was thinking of the foamy water ones by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 08:24:21 AM EST
vs the dry ice cloudy ones.

Buy into it? I might be up for something a little cheaper, maybe a course or something.

local communty center by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 08:30:24 AM EST
doesn't have 'em ? Or the Y ? Or a local church ? 'Round here, the rec center/county park offers them, the 'local classes' section (they've got some fancy name for 'em) in the local paper offers them, and our church has an old-ladies floral guild that does the centerpieces for services..

A good possibility by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 08:42:41 AM EST
but Mrs. Ha can find that, or set it up.

HAHAHAHAHAHA by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 09:52:37 AM EST
No one wins at Illuminati, George.

2-0 dude by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 10:01:42 AM EST
my mild mannered appearance and line of bs about the other players getting within winning distance have allowed me to win, twice.

I dunno. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Aug 22, 2008 at 02:04:09 PM EST
I've never heard Kinzua refereed as such.  maybe that's because Wyoming County has the PA Grand canyon.

Click
taking a break from Illuminati by dmg (2.00 / 0) #12 Sat Aug 23, 2008 at 03:40:23 PM EST
Is this possible? I really hope it is. Living in UKistan, I find the omnipresent illuminati somewhat oppressive....
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
ATTN: CLEVELAND INFIDELS | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback