Print Story It's sunny so it must be raining
By spacejack (Fri Aug 15, 2008 at 03:17:38 PM EST) (all tags)
So, this is our new climate.

I have to admit it's taking some getting used to.

< Long overdue entry | Doing the photo challenge over at Photographica >
It's sunny so it must be raining | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Pretty! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Aug 15, 2008 at 03:46:36 PM EST
I'm reminded of a time on Oklahoma city after a particularly violent thunderstorm: We were walking out of the offices adjoining the hangars at the west side of Tinker AFB, and got the pleasure of seeing a triple rainbow. The primary bow was so bright that it appeared to me opaque.

Sunny rain is great! by R343L (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Aug 15, 2008 at 03:50:54 PM EST
Of course, the regular kind is good too, but sunny rain is exhilirating. Well the other kinds are too.

I wish we had rain more often here...

Also, nice picture!

The weird thing is by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 03:33:37 PM EST
it seems to do this almost every day. Today was the first non-rainy, sunny day I can remember for a long time.

I can't remember the last day with no rain. by me0w (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Aug 15, 2008 at 04:19:31 PM EST

I can by spacejack (4.00 / 2) #8 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 03:31:53 PM EST
I think it snowed.

Yesterday.. by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 03:47:29 AM EST
I stepped out of my apartment, and it was windy and rainy. I looked up and there was a black cloud of death hanging over Parkdale and Liberty Village.

I look around, and there was sun and blue skies over the rest of the city.

Vive le Montréal libre.

lol parallax error (nt) by komet (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 05:07:10 AM EST

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
So true by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 03:32:38 PM EST
I saw the same thing, except the cloud of doom was over Yorkville.

Really nice. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 11:06:26 AM EST
I love the warm color of the sunlight and the contrast between the buildings almost as much as the rainbow

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.
Rainbow and sun did all the work for me by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 03:31:32 PM EST
Then there's my cheap-ass stitch job in photoshop, and pulled in the levels which made the colours pop out more. Truth be told, I'm not much of a photographer.

the weather by rhooke (4.00 / 1) #11 Sat Aug 16, 2008 at 03:46:34 PM EST
here has certainly been a little... unusual.

but then sometimes you get sunsets like this one and I figure it's ok, for now.

gotta love a little post-apocalyptic vibe for dinnertime.

(also, forgive the so-so stitch job)

Welcome to the great lakes region, circa 1990. by debacle (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Aug 18, 2008 at 05:40:20 AM EST
Leave your hat at the door.