Print Story The future leader of the world
By jayhawk88 (Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 03:37:10 AM EST) (all tags)
Has a lieutenant. New nephew pics inside.

Jalen Durant (dad's a big Texas fan) was born yesterday around 1pm Central, weighing in at 6 pounds 6 ounces, and is doing fine, as is mom. If you look very closely, you can see the plans already brewing behind Jordan's eyes. "Yes, someday you and I will put down the last of the resistance in Australia to solidify our hold over these pathetic creatures."

As for us, things continue to go well for our growing progeny. Had another detailed sonogram yesterday, both babies now weigh around 3 pounds and were measuring between 29 and 30 weeks, which is right where we are. No problems or complications to speak of, besides my poor wife, for whom walking 25 feet and rolling over in bed are now Olympic sports.

The babies room is pretty much complete, save for a couple minor tasks I need to finish up. We have a car that will carry them, carseats, enough clothes to go from floor to ceiling were we to stack them, enough burp rags and blankets to measurably contribute to global warming, and even a healthy supply of diapers I believe. Still a few things we still need to get, bottles mainly I believe, but we've been waiting for showers to be other with (3 total, my work is throwing us one this Friday) and will probably finish up the shopping after that. Doctors are telling us that they want (hope) to get us to 38 weeks, but not to be surprised if the girls decide (or Jenn's health dictates) they need to get out of there in the 34-36 week range. Being at 30 weeks today and hearing the 34 week number kind of put it in focus for us I think (well, moreso): We might be a month away from this event.

< Lessons learned | Now wait a minute here. >
The future leader of the world | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
awesome! by clock (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 03:48:41 AM EST
yes.  they will do away with the resistance.  i can feel it.

and good luck to you!  remember, if you aren't covered in spit-up, you aren't doing your job! (throw out your dark shirts now)

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

you can't have too many puke rags! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Aug 14, 2008 at 05:23:25 PM EST
the stats look good!

this sounds trite but....hang in there!  getting the babies out will be both a relief and the beginning of the busiest time of your life (TOTALLY worth it).

Angry baby by duxup (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Aug 18, 2008 at 05:59:16 AM EST
New babies always look so serious / angry when they sleep.  don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, don't wake me up, I"M AWAKE WHERE THE #### ARE YOU!?!?!?
____
I went up this weekend by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Aug 18, 2008 at 09:49:54 AM EST
To my sisters house, to have a FF draft I run with my brother in law, and also of course to see the little guy. Right now he's sleeping during the day and is awake all night, so we were constantly trying to wake him up while we were there so Linda could get a little sleep at night. It was a lot harder than it sounds. I mean short of freezing him to death or giving him shaken baby syndrome, he was not having any of this "consciousness" bullshit.

It is crazy by duxup (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Aug 18, 2008 at 10:01:56 AM EST
It seems when they're new they don't have enough experience or quality vision to be engaged in any activity / observation so falling asleep seems to always win out.
____