Print Story I am an Apple Goddess in love!!!
By Corky Sherwood (Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 06:35:41 AM EST) (all tags)
update.  anyone out there still interested in my life?

good.  cause i'm gonna write about it.

if you remember my last entry (i'd link but i'm lazy) i cried happily because I found out we are getting an Apple store in our mall.  I decided to apply for a job and low and behold, I GOT IT!!  I'm going to a full-time Concierge!  I'm SO excited, you have no idea!  I get bennies (including a discount on my phone bill - NICE!), to meet awesome people, to learn everything there is to know about Apple products....seriously, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am. i'm ecstatic!!!

ok, so now you may be wondering why I'm calling myself a Goddess (besides the obvious fact that I am one anyway).  well, it's not about Apple - I actually AM a Goddess -  professionally. It's on my business card and everything. I am a new Goddess working for Athena's Home Novelities.  Yes, it's what you think: i'm doing sex-toy parties.  Kinda like Tupperware, minus the tupperware.  I've been having a BLAST and already have 2 girls on my team of Goddesses (seriously, that's what we call ourselves).  If you live within 3 hours of me I'd be happy to come down and do a party.  My hostesses earn awesome $ towards products and I'll do parties for women, couples, straight, gay, mixed, doesn't matter.  That's what I love about our company - we don't discriminate - everyone deserves an amazing sex life!!!  Plus I have the opportunity to give back to the community; there are so many women who have issues around sex (abuse, hangups, etc), that I have the chance to empower them to really have breakthroughs in these areas.  I feel blessed to have found this company and to be able to make a difference in people's lives (and yeah, the $ is good too!)

ok, the third thing:  Goddess in Love.  Yup!  It's an amazing story:  a few weeks ago my girlfriends dragged me out for a GNO.  We ended up at a bar (hate bars!) where there was a band playing.  I said to my GF that the bass player looked familiar.  She laughed and said I must have dated him before, which I agreed, but it felt different to me than that.  anyway,the lead singer said his name and my brain went POP! but i still couldn't place it.  so i did what any normal person would do - i went home and googled him.  :)  turns out he's a musician in boston but that still didn't help my brain, so i emailed him and asked (yeah, i know, kinda tacky: "did we date like, 8 years ago?"  i was going to ask him at the bar but couldn't do it).  He wrote back, totally freaking out -  turns out i went to CAMP with this guy 24 years ago!!!  AND we were friends outside of camp - he lived a town away and we used to hang out a lot (he was in a band with my best friend).  Of course time and life went along and we lost touch but here we are, 24 years later, falling amazingly in love.  It's surreal and wonderful and perfect.  ok, the only not-perfect thing is he lives in boston, but that's workable.  he's a musican AND a geek and a storm chaser - OMG i'm in total heaven!  he's a year older than me (finally! someone older!  LOL!), never married, no kids, wants both soon. treats me like a Goddess (see a pattern?), is amazing with my cat and she ADORES him beyond anyone i've ever been with.  what more could a girl wants? *sigh*  SO excited!!!

the last few months have been amazing and transformational.  i truly feel like i've been given a new lease on life and i am just SO happy.   i've made changes in every area: i'm losing weight again, off ALL my meds (doc approved), stopped smoking (not cigs), am in love, have 2 great jobs. great friends.  Life is truly wonderful. overall, creating an amazing life I love.  thanks for asking.  i'll keep you posted.

oh, and bostonites: i'll be in your area more often now and would love to connect.  my guy plays out a lot - perhaps a Husi music night?  PM me if you're interested and i'll set something up. (i'll also do an Athena's party if you want.  could be a blast!!!)

peace,

M~

< Terence Rigby, dead at 71 | Ring Forth The Bells! Shout From The Highest Tower! >
I am an Apple Goddess in love!!! | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Welsh Girl is doing Pure Romance... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 06:39:40 AM EST
I must now officially hate you, competitor swine! :P

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

It's not about the competition by Corky Sherwood (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 07:18:32 AM EST
it's about the LOVE, man!

Obviously your girl is smart enough to be doing this for a living.  All the cool girls are doing it!  ;)

Plus, I bet you LOVE the product research part.  i know my guy is throughly enjoying it.  heh.

I am Atreides... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 07:36:11 AM EST
Plus, I bet you LOVE the product research part
....and I approve this message.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Congratulations! by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 06:47:54 AM EST
I'm so glad things are going your way! You deserve this kind of happiness. :) I'd be up for a music night sometime. Give us some notice, and I'll see if I can drag my ass off the couch.
To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
Thanks! by Corky Sherwood (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 07:20:39 AM EST
I appreciate the acknowledgement!

I will let you know.  he has an on-going weds night gig in framingham; would you be willing to drag out there sometime?  he's in like, 4 different bands.  there's also a possibility of a gig this friday night in harvard sqaure, weather permitting.  i'll definitely be there - any interest in meeting up?

A little *more* notice :) by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 07:28:51 AM EST
I already have plans for this Friday night, and Framingham is kind of a haul, especially on a school night. The next few weeks are pretty busy (and stressful) workwise for me, but if he's in that many bands, I'm sure I'll find time for a gig at some point!
no worries by Corky Sherwood (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 07:35:03 AM EST
just thought i'd trow it out there.  :)

yes, he plays pretty much every night, so there are plenty of opportunities.  i'll let you know when i'll be down there to see a show and maybe we can get a band of happy husities together.

Athena's Home Novelities by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 08:42:56 AM EST
That's an interesting change to BSG.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Wonderful. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 08:48:17 AM EST
If he ever plays out west - you've still got my number - right?

"It's the abstract I deal in; software, and donuts." MohammedNiyalSayeed
it's about damned time by webwench (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 12:27:16 PM EST
that things started to turn your way!

Getting more attention than you since 1998. Ya ya!

sounds divine :) by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Aug 12, 2008 at 02:37:20 AM EST
and way to go -- things usually don't fall into place without a little nudge. So keep it up and keep us updated ...

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM