- Mother, two days after being told, finally gave me the talk I'd figured was coming right away. She's mellowed. Far less direct than she used to be. She decided on the track of reminding me of every person we've ever known who ever had a motorcycle accident. Thanks, mom. I knew you wouldn't let me down.
- Why do I see so many bicycles cruising around town with a helmet hanging off the handlebars and no helmet on the head of the knob riding it? There's also a surprising number of motorcycles riding around with a helmet strapped on the luggage rack. How does that help in a crash?
- We had the "thou shalt wear long pants" talk last night. Mrs. NFB was not even close to happy with that. "Every time?" Yes sweety. Because if you get more fucked up than me I'd never forgive myself, even if it was because you were being ridiculously stubborn over something that should just be common sense.
- Shockingly, she agreed to an armored jacket without fuss. Mostly because she thinks, "those look awesome."
- The MSF Rider's Course has several dozen classes left this year that aren't full. In fact, if I really wanted to, I could probably get signed up for next weekend. I may let that one slide and go for the weekend after as I'll have some makeup to do around the house for taking off this weekend to pick up the bike.
- The Obama/McCain thing is already hitting the hardcore mudslinging stretch. I'm not sure whether I'm surprised more in how quickly it happened, or how long it took before it started. For the record, when Obama said "because I don't look like those guys on the dollar bills" I just thought he meant because he was young and relatively healthy looking. McCain's camp is doing a good job of making him look like an idiot for immediately jumping to race. Good job losers.
- The fat cat story does not amuse me near as much as it should. Mostly because they're trying so hard to force him into the public spotlight, and every picture and video I see of the poor guy makes it obvious he's completely uncomfortable with all that attention focused on him. Cats like individual attention at best. Having thousands of people screaming for them? Not so much their thing.
- Didn't sleep worth a crap last night. Shouldn't have done that horrible supper. Blech.
- We had our first garden grown product this week. It was a small, but extremely ripe tomato. It was about ten thousand times sweeter than any tomato I've had in years. There are several more that look like they'll probably be ready before the weekend is over. Good god was that little thing tasty. Me = tomato sammich heaven by next week. Eat it n00bs!
- The corn is weird. Short, sickly looking stalks, yet the ears look healthy and full as can be. Probably have some of that to pick by the end of the weekend too. I wonder what grew in that spot before this year to stunt that corn so much yet still let it be healthy? Weird.
- The rest of the garden is questionable. The watermelon may be salvageable. The onions, one row. The rest, I think we're out of luck until next year. But, as an experiment, I think if we get some good corn, Mrs. NFB is going to be thrilled and call it a learning experience on the rest.
- I'm proud of her on the entire garden thing. She has not turned it into my problem the way certain other females in my life have turned it into their mate's problem. I've helped when I can just because she's been so awesome about not asking for help. And she's been appreciative for it, because she knows that, for the most part, I really don't care for the idea of a garden beyond maybe one tomato plant because that's the only thing that even the farmer's market stuff doesn't seem to come close to home grown. Everything else we can get stuff that tastes good other places. But, she's enjoyed it, and that's cool.
That's about it. Outz.
|< What day is today? Why, it just happesn that today is RTFO Friday | Into the belly of the beast >|