Print Story ATTENTION blixco FAN INFIDELS
By ana (Tue Jul 08, 2008 at 06:56:02 AM EST) (all tags)
Himself will be in town starting this weekend.

We need to get together and get him to play music and stuff. We have an offer (somewhere in the hole, or maybe I'm hallucinating since I can't find it) of a loaner guitar from iGrrrl, if we can get the both of them in one place at one time, in a suitable place.

Which is where you, dear reader, come in. Make suggestions. So far the best time seems to be Sunday afternoon into evening, 13 July 2008.

I ordered one of these gadgets, for the purpose of having portable recording capability, and hey, if some of that happens near blixco and his guitar, perhaps (performer permitting) it'll get posted. I hope UPS delivers it today so I can play with it. :-) I've been kinda wanting one since a choir director of my acquaintance used one to record rehearsals (and some concerts). Not exactly sure what-all else I'll use it for, but hey. That's not what gadget envy is about, now is it?

Anyway, blixco is out of touch until he arrives Saturday, so it's up to us. Help me husi-wan, you're the only one who can.

< MNS style | ObviousTroll Blink Of The Breathing Dance >
ATTENTION blixco FAN INFIDELS | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
No idea of venue by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Jul 08, 2008 at 03:37:29 PM EST
Unfortunately, being a small town boy, I have no clue what the big city offers.  And I doubt anyone wants to come to Leicester.  I'm available Sunday though for whatever the democratic process determines.

---------------
We'll be there by Lady Jane (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Jul 09, 2008 at 11:39:09 AM EST
wherever it ends up! I know very little of Boston so my best idea would be to have everyone chip in and get a suite somewhere. A park would be nice if we have good weather. I'd offer up our house but I can't imagine anyone wanting to drive to Maine!

-----------------------------------------
"Buttons aren't toys" -- Trillian
PM me... by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jul 09, 2008 at 11:44:57 AM EST
your e-mail address, and we can do at least some of the negotiations and notifications on e-mail. This goes for anybody else who didn't get the e-mail I sent out an hour or two ago.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

I have this tin can and by blixco (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jul 09, 2008 at 04:54:07 PM EST
this string. With it I get a 200bps connection over an old dedicated teletype line that uses steam to move ones and zeros to the nearest bit hopper.

Sunday sounds perfect. In re: playing, I am all for being recorded but I'd prefer a non-public location if at all possible to spare my wife the embarrassment. Plus I need whiskey. I will pay for the whiskey, and for any necessary privacy in cash, blood, or both.

Thanks for handling this.  YOU'RE THE BEST.

Now back to counting crows, clog dancing, religion, grits, and making moonshine.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

Hmm... by ana (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Jul 09, 2008 at 05:00:08 PM EST
Beginning to sound like a blixco memorial house barbecueueue or something. I count something of order 15 people, which would be ok if it's not raining, and really chummy if it is.

Oh, and we have a kitchen. :-)

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

(Comment Deleted) by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 10, 2008 at 05:04:12 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by infinitera

I have the guitar. by ana (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 10, 2008 at 04:10:05 PM EST
If you're coming and you haven't gotten (and responded to!) my e-mail, PM me a better address.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin