Print Story The girl in the park
Art
By spacejack (Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 07:40:20 AM EST) (all tags)
She sat down next to me in the park whilst I was catching some rays on the weekend, reading the last pages of Friday.

Sadly, a couple of attempts to strike up a conversation went thud. Funny enough, proving that Toronto is still just a small town, a couple of days later I saw her on Queen west while walking home from work. I said hi, but she (pretended?) not to recognize me. Ah well. That's pretty much how I roll.

Friday was pretty enjoyable. It came with high praise from both MissTrish and misslake, so I was hoping I'd "get it". But I always enjoy reading Heinlein's writing, even if the story is a bit of a meandering one. Interesting sexual behaviours in the future. Seems like the pre-AIDS disco era was in full swing when he wrote it.

misslake left to go back to Edmonton a few days ago. Aside from the one visit when ni learned to use a record player, I didn't get another chance to hang out. The city is poorer for not having her around.

< Tequila Mockingbird | ``It's been a long time since I saw someone check their blind spot before merging onto the freeway'' >
The girl in the park | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That's because by ni (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 07:45:32 AM EST
you missed out on Monday night! It was high-test, premium drinking. Were you afraid you'd run into someone from Borneo?

It would have been nice by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 07:49:01 AM EST
TO GET A CALL OR EMAIL ABOUT THAT. But I guess I can wait another few months until she's back in town again.

It's been every Monday night for by ni (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:04:20 AM EST
the past four months!

I was actually under the impression that MissTrish had called you, which was why I didn't. I must have been confused. Sorry about that.

S'all right by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:11:33 AM EST
For some reason I was under the impression that MissTrish would be out of town for the long weekend. I ended up at a friend's barbecue, but was ready to bail out early if I got a last-call-to-see-misslake call.

Friday by Vulch (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:21:09 AM EST

About the best of the post Stranger in a Strange Land Heinleins. Most of the rest are avoidable.

I'm pretty sure it is by wumpus (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 05:53:43 PM EST
post stroke. Holds together pretty well, though.

Wumpus

Girls by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 09:44:59 AM EST
Did you give her the picture?

I suspect that'd be a good opening move.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Maybe... by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 10:21:24 AM EST
At the time I was thinking it looked pretty bad. Looking at it again now, it might've been okay :/

Friday by TPD (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 11:25:38 PM EST
Never really liked that book, I thought the whole rape and then falling for one of her attackers was a bit suspect

PS Nice picture

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Yeah that was weird by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Jul 04, 2008 at 05:41:14 AM EST
I was trying to figure out if that attitude was a product of the time, or of Heinlein's time, or how Heinlein actually thought or what.

Thanks.

I'm so sad by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Jul 04, 2008 at 07:37:45 PM EST
I didn't even get to see her. I didn't even know she was here. I wish I had time to check in here more often!!! I hope you all gave her lots of hugs; I bet you did.
*twinkle*twinkle*