Print Story Into the depths
By dev trash (Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 04:37:40 PM EST) (all tags)
Today.
Stuff.
Biking.

Went into the big bad city of Allentown today.  I was more about parking than anything.  Of course that was not so big of a deal after all.  Found a lot, run by the state, that was right near where I needed to go.  I should have taken a few dimes though as I spent $1.75 when I reall only needed $1.20.

Ted Stevens,indicted.  Bennigans chapter 7.  And what the fuck is Brett Favre doing?  Really?  Is he in some kind of trouble where he needs money or something?  Perhaps I'm thinking about this all wrong but if I put in the time and was able to retire, no matter HOW much I loved doing what  I do, I'd retire.  Working is shit.  Sitting in my big ass house in Mississippi all fucking day with my wife, now that's retiring.  Christ, Brett, don't go out like this.

Don't get me wrong.  The NFC can suck my balls, Steelers for life!

What is up with Wal-mart?  Today I went and found BOTH of the items I was looking for, in the approppiate department no less.  I am still looking for a notebook that fits my needs.  The moleskin would seem to be okay but the lack of ( even a small) spiral binding has me worried.  i did find a 5x8 notebook at the grocery store tonight but it was pink and orange.  I think this wekend I'll check out K-mart, and if that is fruitless, to Barnes and Noble I go.

I feel like if I was able to get a decent seat or at least fix the pain in the ass after riding for so long, that I could bike for miles and miles.  Sure it's a flat trail but hey, a few years ago I was wiped after riding a quarter mile.

I made the mistake oflsitening to Rush Limbaugh today.  Highlights before I turned it off:

1.  Compared women voting for Obama instead of Clinton to a part in the book  Lolita.
2.  Got a call from someone in Allentown and then claimed that the show OWNS Allentown.  Yeah um, perhaps Whitehall and the suburbs, but not the city itself.  please.
3.  Read a story about some guy and his Samrt Car not tripping left turn signals because it's too light.  Then for the rest of the segment claimed that the car is physically prevented from making left turns.
4.  Was actually shocked that callers and his staff use Regular unleaded gas and not premium, like he does.  So shocked he lumped all regular unleaded gas users into cheapo car owners.  Uh.  At this point I switched off.

Anyway.  The watermelon is starting to go bad, I think. Should have gotten a smaller one.  I just love it so much though.

< Whos says there is not such thing as a a free lunch? | The fourth way. >
Into the depths | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Motorcycles often won't trigger stop lights by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 04:52:47 PM EST
not enough metal for the induction loop, maybe Smart cars are similar.

most likely by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 05:04:30 PM EST
then again maybe motorcycles can't turn left either!

Click
my car has problems triggering lights by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 05:17:03 PM EST
Apparently, if I pull too far up for the light, the light won't trigger.

it's mostly a bitch in the middle of the night and there is no one else around.

Nothing six-wheel drive wouldn't fix by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 09:26:18 PM EST

You can finally get that Pinz-Gaeuer you've always wanted!

Oh wait, that was me. Wrong notebook.

mmm. six wheels. by lm (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 03:53:13 AM EST
I just watched Gamera 2: Attack of Legion last night. Watching the Japanese army self defense force drive its six wheelers. Now I want one.

Cicero, The Republic
mine too by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 06:05:15 PM EST
except it's usually because I am not back far enough.

Click
Oi! by Gedvondur (4.00 / 5) #4 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 07:52:58 PM EST
Well we're living here in HuSitown
And they're closing all the Husaries down
Out in Kuroshin they're killing time
Filling out forms
Standing in line
Well our admins fought the Second Troll War
Spent their weekends in a #husi rappore
Met the others as K5 trolls
Asked them to die
Died with them slow
And we're living here in HuSitown

But the restlessness was handed down
And it's getting hard to stay away

Well we're waiting here in HuSitown
For the balanced load we never found
For the promises our Hulver gave
If we worked hard
If we behaved
So the cabal selections hang on the wall
But they never really helped us at all
No they never taught us what was real
Holing and Whining
And Diary appeal
And we're waiting here in HuSitown

But they've taken all the trolls from the ground
And the heavy posters crawled away

Even HuSi had a pretty good shot
To get at least as far as the damn K5 got
But something happened on the way to that place
They threw a community flag in our face

Well I'm living here in HuSitown
And it's hard to keep a good site down
But I won't be posting up today

And it's getting hard to go away
And we're living here in HuSitown
"If you do not sin, then you too may some day float like a big pink Goodyear blimp of The Lord." -theboz

post comment as diary by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 04:21:40 AM EST
and vs2fp.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Traffic lights by gpig (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 01:31:56 AM EST
In Falmouth on Cape Cod I noticed special spots for cyclists (marked by a little bike logo) so the lights know that you're there. Not sure how common that is though, or how practical it would be to trigger it with your Smart car ....
(,   ,') -- eep
Bike saddles by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 04:15:08 AM EST
this is similar to the one I ride on.  Mine's older and has Titanium rails instead of carbon, but still the same concept.  I've been on this saddle for over eight hours with no problems.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS