Print Story Attn: motty infidel
Music
By anonimouse (Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 08:34:36 AM EST) (all tags)
I think you have some serious competition

< Dive! Dive! Dive! | I'm a terrible monster. >
Attn: motty infidel | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Good riffs... by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 10:54:20 AM EST
Why is that the BBC's videos are so rubbish?

you tube and other websites work perfectly fine, but the BBC ones suffer of horrible delays ...

Hmm by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 10:59:32 AM EST
This PC (P4, 512MB) at work is a bit constipated, but I get BBC vids ok. Some others are far worse.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
May it be .... by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 11:39:00 AM EST
... my ISP throttling the BBC's videos? (you know, fear of the iPlayer).

That would be terribly pathetic.

Since I'm at $ISP by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 11:50:50 AM EST
I asked some questions of the current network support shift.

Even $ISP, who don't have a great reputation with customers, make positive efforts to make iPlayer work as we couldn't live with the complaints if it didn't, even if we don't like its bandwidth consumption. They think there is a degree of prioritisation of iPlayer traffic, but I'm not sure of the details.

Only thing we definitely crap on is P2P during peak traffic periods.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Fair enough. by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 01:01:10 PM EST
I will go and get a black chicken to be sacrificed to the broadband gods.

That's your problem right there mate. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 03:07:05 AM EST
For broadband you need a white rooster offering.

The black chickens were for dialup.

Attn: motty infidel | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback