Print Story Lots of little things.
By nightflameblue (Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 10:16:56 AM EST) (all tags)
Starting with a new floor, ending with. . .

• Replaced the wood subfloor over the well because of a leak we didn't catch in time over the weekend. The leak was tiny. The amount of dammage it did was not. New floor with tile laid in one day. Awesome.
  • AFKS has somehow taken his almost resolved situation and turned it into an even bigger clusterfuck. So big, I can't even wrap my head around it at the moment. When drinking because you're in a bad situation, make sure you have someone around to talk you out of stupid ideas, Kay? Kay.
  • MSSS laid down the law to her hubby and said, "list the house, or I leave and take the baby." They listed the house. Now he's praying it won't sell. The plan is now set in stone. She wants that thing sold so that she can have an excuse to move in with mommy and have her take care of the baby. She's stressed out from not working. Couldn't afford to take a vacation with her husband because gas costs too much. Took a vacation to the Black Hills with five of her friends three days later. Had some huge blow-out fight with them a few days in that made them just dump her ass at Dad's house and tell her she's on her own to get home. It's gettin' fugly up in heyah.
  • Dad can't make any sense of any of that. As well he shouldn't.
  • It's entirely possible that by this evening I'll be the proud owner of a C90 Suzuki 1500 Murdercycle. It's about a year old and has spent most of that time in a garage being rubbed with a diaper.
  • Some big-ass truck in front of me on the 'state tossed some gravel out on Friday and *SMACK* windshield crack. That sort of sucks. A lot.
  • Because of above, consideration given to whether or not two above will be ridden on the Interstate in the city. *SHUDDER*
  • Licensing needed. Will take care of k,thnx.
< My snatch needs a lot of work | Attn komet Infidel >
Lots of little things. | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Sweet by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 10:43:42 AM EST
that C90 bit, though I figured you as more of a sportsbike sort.

Yuck. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 10:59:53 AM EST
No. Not a sportsbike guy. Cruiser. Dirt if I'm in the mood. Sports I like to look at, but HATE riding.

Which is odd since I ride road bike with pedal type cycling and don't much care for comfort or mountain bikes. I guess I figure if I'm not providing the power, then I'm just gonna chill and enjoy.

Are you going to give up the metal by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 11:02:26 AM EST
for blues then?

I like blues too. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 11:07:04 AM EST
There's no giving up. It's all mixed in there together.

1500's a big bike. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 12:33:45 PM EST
And gravel and bikes don't mix too well. That's part of why I have a full face helmet.

A helmet will not be optional. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 12:56:41 PM EST
This is something Mrs. NFB and I have discussed several times. If she wants to ride with me, she will wear a helmet. Period. No debate. My bicycle crash taught me that that super-geeky piece of plastic on my head wasn't just for getting other people to mock me. That scraping sound could have been my face instead of the upper edge of the helmet.

The speed difference and mass difference between bicycle and motorcycle? Yeah, helmet. Wear it or don't ride. She doesn't like that idea, but she also doesn't want to get her own license.

Plus armored jacker and pants, boots and gloves by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 04:08:46 AM EST
right? Newenough.com is a good source for cheap, discontinued riding gear.

Probably. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 04:29:47 AM EST
I need to look into gear. I just know the helmet is the one thing that goes on even if I take a test drive around the block.

That's why you shouldn't tailgate. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 02:38:32 PM EST
Especially big trucks.

No shit. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 07:41:05 PM EST
As someone who hates tailgaters, that's the sort of thing that seems obvious. Unless you're one of those that considers three car lengths tailgating. In which case, good fucking luck going on the interstate during rush hour around here.

You have rush hour? by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 02:29:06 AM EST
How long does it last? 30 minutes?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Long enough to be a pain in the ass. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 02:45:03 AM EST
Though if someone wasn't so insistent I be home as fast as possible, I could probably miss it by waiting twenty minutes.

-1, no metal. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 01:22:20 AM EST
Fixed that for you.

And I have tickets for them at the Astoria, which is one of my favourite venues in Londinium.
\m/!

Too much like AC/DC. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 02:43:56 AM EST
Another act that, while I can respect what they've done, doesn't do much for me.

A7 is coming to town. Unfortunately, they're doing so with Buck Cherry and two other bands I can't even remember they're so lackluster. Outdoors. Debating whether $40 is worth it.

Great mullets though by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 02:48:06 AM EST
Very ACDC, yes.  But I like the sound and energy.

Lots of little things. | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback