Print Story Attention Texas Infidel
Music
By motty (Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 02:51:57 AM EST) will ye gi' us two guitars (all tags)
We have Rodney Branigan. I'm not at all sure we should let you have him back.

I saw him play for a second time yesterday. He's a great singer, and amazing guitarist but also has this thing where he plays two guitars at once.

See.

< International Liberalism | Leveraging Synergy July 21-July 27 >
Attention Texas Infidel | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Ain't never heard of him. by blixco (4.00 / 3) #1 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 06:49:07 AM EST
Does he know any Waylon, or Willie, or Bob Willis?
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I bet he does by motty (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 01:59:33 PM EST
Not heard him play any though.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Don't feel bad. You CAN have him. by atreides (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 06:50:12 AM EST
We don't mind exporting a little of our culture.  We have so very much of it. :)

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Yeah by DullTrev (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 08:08:01 AM EST

We always noticed you went for quantity, not quality.

DFJ?
It's like a shotgun. by atreides (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 09:19:38 AM EST
For every bit of shot that hits the bullseye, there's a lot that doesn't.  A lot of it groups close around, but some of them fly off in weird directions.

I'm not entirely sure if that actually makes sense, but I felt this wouldn't be complete with out a gun metaphor...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

It makes perfect sense by Driusan (4.00 / 2) #5 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 09:29:51 AM EST
Assuming you have a sport in Texas that involves shooting at archery targets or dart boards with shotguns.

And if there isn't, then I've just lost all my respect for Texas.

Vive le Montréal libre.

Wha? Sport? by atreides (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 10:55:43 AM EST
Dude, this is Texas.  That's not a sport, that's a hobby.  Or a reason to have a barbecue.  Either way...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

a reason to have a barbecue by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 02:56:52 AM EST
Isn't anything a reason for a bbq?

"A Good Barbecue Halloweth Any Cause."

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

True... by atreides (4.00 / 2) #14 Mon Jul 28, 2008 at 03:17:37 AM EST
Any reason is a good one, but guns complete the quinella.

See what I mean?  Even fake guns are good for that!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Beer cans... by marvin (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 01:47:41 PM EST
...the redneck target of choice. There's always more targets rolling around empty in the back of the pick-up truck. Or in the cooler, but that leads to some delay. After all, nothing goes together better than firearms and alcohol.

Since one is a 12 string by Herring (4.00 / 2) #7 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 10:56:19 AM EST
that makes lots of strings. But I can beat that using this piano.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Say that again by motty (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 02:00:33 PM EST
When you can play two pianos at once.

Actually scratch that. But you get my gist.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

I can reach and play the keyboard and the piano at by Herring (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 02:27:03 PM EST
the same time. But it's shit.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Shit my arse by motty (4.00 / 1) #12 Sun Jul 27, 2008 at 03:49:29 PM EST
It's normal. Lots and lots of keyboard players have racks of keyboards - including pianos - which they choose from in order to play this or that part with this or that hand and have done for the last forty years or more.

Guitars being properly two-handed, unlike keyboards,  both hands normally have to collaborate on each note. Sure, you can hammer on, and sure you can strum a guitar tuned to an open chord without having to finger anything, but to do both at once and make music that way still impresses the living crap out of me.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T