Print Story Another Chapter of the THusi '08 Adventure
Husi Stock
By spacejack (Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 06:32:17 PM EST) (all tags)
Another missive from komet, via MissTrish's typewriter and my scanner. (I think we need a name for this new communication protocol.)

Plus, a whirlwind trip up to the Schoolhouse for mini-HusiStock '08.

This is probably a better summary of last night's events than I could come up with. I can't really think of much to add, other than to say that my quote was CFC-related.

The following is to be recorded for future reference:

Today we took a trip to the Schoolhouse (we being R343L, misslake, ni, komet, MostlyHarmless and myself) to visit the CBB/littlestar household. I think today was komet's first proper introduction to the massiveness of North American scale.

First we took a massively long bus ride out of the city. Then CheeseburgerBrown and littlestar picked us up in their massive GM pickup truck (that's eight of us, sitting comfortably in the cab) and drove us over to the massive Schoolhouse estate grounds. (ni held a propane tank in his lap, imagining it to be his massive penis.)

I got a chance to meet the new boy for the first time. Cute like his sister, but such a defiant one he is. The force is strong in both of them. slozo showed up for a little while, and I also got a chance to meet his wonderful wife.

misslake had a chance to say hello to her massive bunny. The massive mastiffs made a brief appearance, covering everyone in wet dog hair. Then we ate massive barbecued burgers, made out of massive Canadian cows (except for the vegetarian ones.)

The visit was short but sweet; misslake had a plane to catch, so littlestar filled up the massive gas tank and drove at massively fast speeds to get her to the airport on time.

We said our too-short goodbyes to misslake, and thanks to littlestar's massive generosity, the rest of us were given a lift to the subway station at Yorkdale, a massive suburban mall. There we got lost for about 25 minutes in the massive walkways, trying to find the subway entrance.

I really don't feel like going to work tomorrow.

< Scrabble-like games | you have *got* to be kidding me >
Another Chapter of the THusi '08 Adventure | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
+1 vstfp by johnny (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 06:40:50 PM EST
massive.
Buy my books, dammit!
Knowing komet by yicky yacky (4.00 / 2) #2 Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 10:22:07 PM EST

as not-at-all-well as I do, this probably just means that he has a counter-bet somewhere in Europa whereby he's at least $15 up whatever the result.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Aren't all cows vegetarian? by wiredog (4.00 / 3) #3 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 01:58:41 AM EST
Or is there something going on in Canada that we should be worried about?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

by all current las vegas odds by 256 (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 03:43:34 AM EST
ni got the better end of that bet
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
I'd go with komet on this one . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 05:27:26 AM EST
. . . actually. I think the 33% larger return was key, in that Obama has a lower than 66% chance of winning in my mind. Thus, the bet would be weighted in komet's favor.

Ni must have been overconfident . . . probably the wine.

well, then... by 256 (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 06:50:58 AM EST
you should definitely be betting on McCain with Las Vegas bookmakers.

personally, i trust them to figure these odds better than i can. according to them, komet should only have put up $58 to make it an even bet.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

You also have to remember . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 09:19:01 AM EST
. . . that LasVegas odds are greatly affected by how much money is put on one of the horses. As in the Superbowl, for example, often a bunch of big money comes in on the early favourite, which then skews the odds very favourably, and starts some betting to go on the underdog. When the game finally starts, the former huge underdog has usually closed the gap considerably, and I wouls think the presidential race is no different.

In this way, it helps the casinos leverage even more money out of the guys on the bench wondering whether to bet or not. Instead of a close to 50/50 bet, now you can make a "sure" bet to make easy money, or possibly rake in a high return with a risky bet.

Vegas doesn't like even odds.

There will be video.. by littlestar (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 05:11:18 AM EST
Just you wait, Youtube awaits my load.... heh.. heh... upload, you understand...
*twinkle*twinkle*

Ahh! by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 02:49:04 PM EST
I'll be too afraid to watch... I tend to look massively terrible on video.

littlestar's massive generosity by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 10:07:42 PM EST
I like so didn't read it that way the first time through.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?