Print Story I'm waiting on downloads.
By nightflameblue (Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 09:05:27 AM EST) (all tags)
We're gonna party like it's 1999 all over again.

'Cause apparently this company can't afford an internet connection that can spit shit through faster than dialup.

So, hey, long time no. . .

Wait, no, that was for that other thing.

Man, frazzled today. BB just dropped off a little airline size bottle of tequila for me, and I'm seriously considering the single swallow approach. It can't make the day any more slow and tedious at this point. Well, maybe it could, but it'd be FUN slow and tedious trying to remember variable names and such with a touch of the southern funness involved.

Probably not enough there to get to that point. Damn.

Mrs. NFB and myself have been partaking of Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely Everything the past few nights. That show rocks on so many levels. I have missed it over the past few years. Then I heard about this box-set deal and lost my mind and had to have it.

I just have to be careful I don't start calling folks around the office "sweety darling sweety darling sweety darling." That could get a touch uncomfortable.

OH MY! LOOK AT THIS! ONLY FIVE MINUTES LEFT ON THIS THIRTY MEG FILE THAT'S BEEN DOWNLOADING FOR OVER AN HOUR! WOW!

I get better than this at home.

Anybody got any exciting web shit going on? I'm trying to update the home site but I've got absolutely NOTHING that appeals to me and doesn't strike me as unnecessarily evil. Flash - sucks. Javascript - somewhat OK sometimes, but quickly can turn to sucks. The image-map meme has left me less than thrilled (HEY! IT'S 1995 NOW!). I'm just sort of running out of ideas, yet hate looking at the at same page format over and over again. I could whip up a new gallery app, but hey, they are everywhere, and almost all of them annoy the ever loving crap out of me for being extremely sluggish just to fancily smoothly animate every little thing. Bleh.

HEY, I THINK MY FILE IS ALMOST DONE DOWNLOADING NOW! HAPPY DAYZ!

Outz.

< In the spirit of International brotherhood | Your almost third trimester report >
I'm waiting on downloads. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tequila, Ab Fab by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 09:39:26 AM EST
I'm worried about how much the internet has corrupted you, I expect it will be dope, next.

I liked AbFab long before I was intarwebs hopping. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 10:36:24 AM EST
Tequila - that's more a side-effect than a direct corruption.

AbFab by zarathus (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 10:49:19 AM EST
I love that show too.  If you were my co-worker you could call me Sweetie Darling any time you wanted to.

----------
Blogger - n. Someone with nothing to say writing for someone with nothing to do.
Sweety darling, by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 11:43:22 AM EST
make mummy some coffee.

I DON'T WANT BLOODY COFFEE I DON'T WANT BLOODY COFFEE I DON'T WANT BLOODY COFFEE!

I'll just have some twig tea or something.

I've been doing some pretty fun stuff by Greener (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 11:24:43 AM EST
with the Google Maps API recently. I'm not sure how you could apply it to a personal site though.

Don't go into the final series of AbFab with high expectations.

What show is at its best in its final season? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 11:41:07 AM EST
The UK The Office, maybe, but that was a finite show from the beginning so it never had a chance to level off. But more AbFab is still more AbFab.

I'm waiting on downloads. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback