Print Story God Bless America!
Cars
By atreides (Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 06:38:23 AM EST) (all tags)
An "out-on-location" diary...

So I just got an oil change from the dealership.  Welsh Girl prefers them from the dealership because, in theory, they know what they're doing.  I don't know if I totally agree with that, but since they have a "buy 4, get one free" thing with their oil changes, ultimately we don't spend any more going there than anywhere else so it's no big deal.  Why is this even noteworthy?  Because I got there at 7:30 and had to wait until about 15 minutes ago (10:15) for them to finish.  I understand them being short handed and it being summer and all that, but damn!

They don't do inspections so I had to go somewhere else to get inspected.  Drove around for a bit until I got here.  It would only be a 45 minute wait and that I can live with so we did the official part and then the nice lady told me "there's magazines and a TV and over there's an internet terminal if you'd like".

SCORE!!!

Thank Jeebus there's enough intarweb penetration that I can 'blog mercilessly from the mechanic!  God Bless America!

That is all.

< Aw frig: more breakage. | In the spirit of International brotherhood >
God Bless America! | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Going to the dealer by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 07:06:22 AM EST
Mine is actually competitive with the local shops, and with places like Merchant's and Jiffy Lube, plus the dealer won't strip out the oil plug.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

What the heck? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 08:16:16 AM EST
Have you people never heard of free lifetime oil changes in your heathenistic part of the world? We get that around here when we purchase a new car for a few extra bucks and you never, EVER have to pay for an oil change again. EVAR. As long as you own the car.

Screw Jiffy-Lube and the like. I'd like my engine to keep running thanks. Too many horror stories.

We'd get that at the one where we got it... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 09:46:12 AM EST
...but 270 miles is too far to drive for an oil change.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

F the dealers by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 10:25:54 AM EST
oil changes at the VW dealers cost $70 AND it takes at least 3 hours to get them done.

AND the first time I got my "free oil change" from the dealer, they didn't screw the bolt back in, and the oil leaked all over my garage.

AND the 2nd time I got my "free oil change" they broke my side mirror and my grill.

so yeah...."free" isn't even worth it.

We've had mostly decent experiences... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 10:52:59 AM EST
... with the local dealership but in the past Welsh Girl has had some REALLY bad ones with other places (Jiffy-Lube in particular).  Personally, I don't care either way.  I've never had a bad experience that I didn't ultimately cause.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

yeah by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 02:30:35 PM EST
I'm waiting on the final bill for my inspection.  Estimate was 730.  This is not goona be the year I get outta debt it seems.

Click
wifi at our dealer by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jul 05, 2008 at 04:38:20 PM EST
It's WebSensed to death. I can't send email through regular clients, and NO webmail works. For some reason mac.com manages to get around it, but HuSi was blocked. When I complained (because, I was thinking I could get work done, and then, couldn't), the customer relations person said, "Can you get to Target dot com?" My answer was, "Why would I want to do that?" She was not amused.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

God Bless America! | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback