Print Story So what did you do this weekend?
Cycling
By hulver (Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 12:55:49 AM EST) naked, bike, ride, world naked bike ride, sheffield (all tags)
I spent part of Sunday cycling naked around the center of Sheffield.

Some links in this diary might not be work safe.

I could only find a single photo so far, I'm sure others will make it online eventually.

I am in that picture! I'm wearing the backpack with the red in it. And yes, I do appear to be the palest person there.

My hairy arse, on view for the world.

It was pretty good fun. I left some clothes on when we first set off, but at the first stop in an underpass I felt overdressed compared to everyone else that I stripped off completely.

Got a small amount of abuse on the way round, but mostly people where just pointing and laughing. I'm used to that by now anyway ;)

It was very good natured. Got a soaking from a car wash place who sprayed us with pressure washers on the way back. That was quite nice actually, because it was bloody hot.

I didn't take any pictures myself, as I was too busy riding and shuffling around on my (too small) seat.

Next year, I must take some noise making stuff, bells, whistles that sort of thing. We didn't make enough noise going around.

All in all, A++++++ would strip off again.

When my daughter found out that I'd stripped off completely she had just one word to say. "Minging"

< ATTN SF-area HuSimians | Poem of the Day: "How the Favourite Beat Us" by Banjo Paterson >
So what did you do this weekend? | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I hope at least by TPD (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 01:36:24 AM EST
there was a feather duster attached somewhere to the bike!

Congratulations on (literally) having the balls to go ahead with it... I hope you used plenty of suncream ;)

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

I cycled by Herring (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 01:37:38 AM EST
but not naked and not in Sheffield.

Went down the lane with SB. It fed the desire for an off-road capable bicycle.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Dude by riceowlguy (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed Jun 25, 2008 at 05:55:11 PM EST
There's a Texadelphia (that's a crappy cheesesteak-plus-jalapenos place here in Tejas) on Westhiemer in Houston that has your gloves and helmet.  I should get a photo, but their LED sign out front for the past month has said:

HERRING,
WE HAVE GLOVES
AND HELMET

Anyway, if you need a place to crash when you come and get them, lemme know.

Somehow... by Metatone (4.00 / 3) #3 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 01:39:33 AM EST
The word that springs to mind is... chafing...

Your daughter seems to have decent grasp of reality.

I salute your cojones. Naked biking around Sheffield. That's not something I ever expected to hear about.

Heh by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 01:51:11 AM EST
It's not something I ever expected to do.

Moment of madness :)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

moments of madness... by clock (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 02:42:55 AM EST
...keep us sane!

EXCELLENT!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Well done! by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 02:44:12 AM EST
One of those things I'm able to admire and congratulate but would never do myself :)

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

mysteriously by Merekat (4.00 / 2) #7 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 02:51:11 AM EST
The guy in the cycling shorts manages to look the most scary.

So no... by ana (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 03:00:41 AM EST
blisters or sunburn or whatever in unmentionable places?

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Well by hulver (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 03:11:00 AM EST
No sun burn, as I bathed in sun cream before I went out.

My cycle seat is not designed to be sat on unclothed :(
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

You can get by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 03:27:15 AM EST
a) a woman's seat
b) a gel padding to go over it

For all your naked cycling needs.

Vive le Montréal libre.

That photo by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 04:50:18 AM EST
Don't you have wimmins in Sheffield?

Some nice looking arses there, I must say.
The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

We do by hulver (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 04:56:11 AM EST
There were no ladies on the ride. 100% blokes.

The pair of guys on the tandem were the funniest. The stoker had "You think your view's bad" written on his back :)

There was one stoned woman who'd turned up to watch all the naked guys at the start line, and ended up being carried around the course on a big cargo recumbent. She kept her clothes on though.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Hilarious . . . by slozo (4.00 / 2) #13 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 06:32:46 AM EST
. . . good on you for having the guts to do it.

You'll have to work on getting some ladies in for the next ride though . . . that generally generates a wee bit more media coverage.

There were ladies by hulver (4.00 / 2) #15 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 07:05:35 AM EST
at some of the other events, York and Brighton, London etc. This was the first year in Sheffield.

Hopefully we'll get some good publicity for next years event now that people actually turn up.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

more guts than I have by cam (4.00 / 2) #14 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 06:39:18 AM EST
nice going.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

YOU RULE!!! by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #16 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 02:07:35 PM EST
I'm very impressed.

The half of you that's visible looks very good.

"It's the abstract I deal in; software, and donuts." MohammedNiyalSayeed

Nicely done! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 02:21:57 PM EST
Your kid's response is priceless!

Some links in this diary might not be work safe. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon Jun 09, 2008 at 03:45:40 PM EST
ahh what the hell, might as well go out with a bang!

Click