Print Story Welsh Girl Dream
By johnny (Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 05:18:17 AM EST) (all tags)
I had a dream about Atreides and Welsh Girl last night. It took place at my home/private amusement park (kind of like a very scary Michael Jackson style Neverland). There was some confusion about where we were supposed to meet, but I finally caught up with them at the Millennium Falcon Ride, which you could only get to by crossing a moat. Atreides liked the ride a lot, but Welsh Girl thought it was stupid. She and I both kind of hated my house.

Welsh Girl was very tall, about 6'3", and not friendly. She was preoccupied with hers and Atreides' children, of which there were five: two each from a previous marriage, and the middle one, who was twelve years old and born last week, with an attitude.

As Welsh Girl turned strode away from me very quickly, I realized who she was:

Michelle Obama.

Also in the dream, I lost my cell phone. My sister Mugsy offered me five replacements, which all rang at once. She didn't like their tones and threw them in the moat.

I was very upset with younger daughter. She herself was not in the dream, but her pets were. She had left several of them behind for me to take care of. One of them was a very ugly and rude and not cute groundhog. It was a very unpleasant animal, kind of a spider-monkey-rat groundhog, and my daughter had dressed it in overalls.  I had to keep recapturing it so that it would not bite the Atreides children.

As it turns out, last night I slept downstairs in the TV room in our house, where younger daughter, who is a way for the weekend, had left Beans, her pet white rabbit, in his cage.  Although I had a pet rabbit when I was a child, I can't say I'm really fond of beans. And I don't like to see him in this part of the house because my wife is extremely allergic and his dander could provoke an asthma attack. When I awoke I put Bean in Younger Daughter's room, which is in a remote part of the house. You actually have to go outside then back inside to get there.

I've never met Welsh Girl by the way, although I have met Atreides in actual meat space. I do hope I will still be invited to the coronation, despite the somewhat negative representation of the pair in my dreaming unconsciousness.

I think maybe the part about the five children might have come from an article I read in Vanity Fair yesterday about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and all their various kids.

< I would like a beer. | I didn't know Danes could get funky >
Welsh Girl Dream | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Your dreams... by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 05:25:33 AM EST
seem to have the same sort of WTF trippy logic that mine tend to have. At least the more interesting of them. The boring ones tend to have me rushing around trying to get people to sign forms and such.

Also, good for your sister for throwing those damnable ringing cell phones in the moat. I think I need a moat in which to throw mine, on the rare occasion that it rings.
To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM

I generally like dreams by johnny (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 07:02:02 AM EST
even quasi-bad trippy ones like this.  I don't like really really bad dreams, the kind that stay with you for a day or two, like a hangover. They are qualitatively different from dreams that a simply a little sinister, like this one.

My picoscopically famous novella Cheap Complex Devices is kind of a meditation on dreaming and self. Or something.

If you knew Mugs you would know that for her, tossing cell phones in a moat would not be an atypical thing to do.
Buy my books, dammit!

If only we could throw everyone in the moat by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 07:03:17 AM EST

whose tone we did not like... I think we're going to need a bigger moat.

What my pal Howard said to me by johnny (4.00 / 3) #4 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 07:17:32 AM EST
Several years ago, when I worked at Curl, I was boss of a guy named Howard. We both liked to go to work early and both liked coffee, so often we met in my office for coffee at about 6 AM.

After his father died, he became responsible for his mother, whose Alzheimers was getting worse by the day. Also he was fighting with the school district about provisions for his disabled daughter, and he was in some kind of legal fight with the cable company. Plus, Curl had fucked him out of several thousand dollars. And some contractor had cheated him on some home repairs.

He came into my office one morning. I said hello.

I asked him how he was.

He said, "Y'know, I love my wife, I love my children. And every other fucking person on this fucking planet can go fuck themselves."

I said, "But what about me?"

He looked at me for about thirty seconds. Then he got up and left the room.

God, I love that man.
Buy my books, dammit!

I hope you're happy by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 07:22:52 AM EST

I now have to explain to three hall neighbors just what, exactly, was so funny that I needed to laugh that audibly about.

You owe me 25 cents by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 08:06:49 AM EST
for the coffee I just spat on the desk.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You know what's funny? by atreides (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jun 06, 2008 at 06:09:06 PM EST
Welsh Girl used to call her sister Party Girl "Musgy" when they were younger...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Jungian! by johnny (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Jun 07, 2008 at 03:04:23 AM EST
Collective unconscious, man.

My own sister Mugsy was given her nickname by my Uncle Harry, when she was two years old or so, after she drank some of his mug of beer when he was babysitting and his back was turned. She's 50 now.

She introduces herself to people she doesn't know as "Margaret", but as soon as people find out that her family calls her Muggs, then it's all over.

Congratulations on your five children, by the way. Like Brad and Anjelina, you make a very glamorous royal couple.
Buy my books, dammit!