Print Story You Shall Not Pass
By cam (Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 05:33:18 AM EST) (all tags)
Went up Bell Pass. Pictures. More commentary. It is a tough climb of approximately four miles with the last stretch being heavily vertical. I think it is a rougher climb than Camelback.

It is in the North Eastern mountain range which is kind of outside of the normal city hike range but since Phoenix has been sprawling north new trails have been put in the McDowells. This is one of the new ones. I was up there on my own on Sunday.

< OS X / Samba Printing Woes | It's a game of discovery. >
You Shall Not Pass | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Mad dogs, Englishmen and by johnny (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 07:53:59 AM EST
transplanted Aussies?
Buy my books, dammit!
Umm, looks hot by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 08:41:52 AM EST
How far can you hike? i.e. how much water you can carry?

Amazing views. As pretty as southern Ontario can be, it's pretty flat here.

It was probably somewhere between by cam (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 02:54:17 PM EST
105F and 110F during midday. Not much relief from the heat, I went through nearly two litres in three hours.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

My god. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 05:26:35 PM EST
You can actually see the city from there? That close?

Fuck.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

phx downtown is the SW of Camelback by cam (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 09:05:32 AM EST
On McDowell you can *just* see downtown but camelback and squaw peak hide it for the most part.

cam