Print Story In all this
By blixco (Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 02:18:58 PM EST) (all tags)
there is some good news.

Again, I'd count myself lucky no matter what.

The MRI results say, my old scar tissue and some new non-disk inflammation is to blame for my latest episode.  No new disk herniation.  No old disk re-herniating.

It is still painful, but I can now see a pain management guy and not, say, a surgeon.  Yes, the nerve is affected and probably will be for the rest of my life. But it isn't because of something non-treatable or something that requires surgery. I can fix it.

So that's good.

Oh, and after 2.5 years at work, I am officially official.

So that's good too.  I'd elaborate but then I'd have to end you.

The small stuff, then, does usually have a bright side.  The big stuff?  I can only hope that this model scales.

< Finally a political candidate | A Day in the Life >
In all this | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
10 degrees of skew... by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 03:28:34 PM EST
I am looking forward to a 0 degrees of skew photo, kthxpls.

It'll be a while. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 05:26:24 PM EST
But I am getting closer!
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Good man. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 10:31:18 PM EST
NT.

like permanent official? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 04:05:16 PM EST
with benefits, paid vacation and 401k official?

Different. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 05:27:13 PM EST
I've always been permanent....
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I think he's a stonecutter now by MillMan (4.00 / 4) #11 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 06:23:04 PM EST

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Missing Poll Option: by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 04:16:12 PM EST
  • We're all fucked.
  • After today's market close, there's no practical way to pay for the rest of my kids educations.

The Fed say my fifteen year old son owes an extra FIVE DOLLARS in 2007 taxes. And it better be there by 7/14.

Feh.

It'll work out, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 05:27:54 PM EST
    if nothing else, it will be a lesson that is hard to learn and tough to live through.

But we'll live through it.
    ---------------------------------
    "You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

shoot for ivy by gzt (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 02:44:30 AM EST
    Or close. seriously. it's counter-intuitive, but their tuition bill is the same as other private colleges and their grants etc are far more generous, so the average student who graduates with debt has less on average than public university kids.

i second that by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #25 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 03:49:00 PM EST
    i have a lot of debt, but way less than i'd have had if i stayed at a state school. the state one wouldn't give me anywhere near as much in financial aid, which made it actually cost more out of pocket.
    ---------
    good news! by clock (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 04:22:04 PM EST
    glad to hear that it's all coming up rose-ish.  good luck getting that shit under control and keeping it there.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Thanks! by blixco (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 05:28:40 PM EST
    I'm doing McKenzie exercises up to twelve times a day!
    ---------------------------------
    "You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
    um...wow... by clock (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 03:46:21 AM EST
    ...that doesn't look as fun as it sounds.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

i dunno, did you see the pictures of that girl? by gzt (4.00 / 2) #18 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 04:19:24 AM EST
    They're very informative.

yes, yes, yes...but... by clock (4.00 / 1) #19 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 04:51:35 AM EST
    ...apply that to blixco and...well...i mean, he's a very handsome man and all...but...uhhh...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

It's perfectly OK. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #22 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 09:03:35 AM EST
    Press ups * 20, then standing flexion.  It's easy.
    ---------------------------------
    "You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
    You know, there's a bright side to all this. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 04:59:44 PM EST
    I passed the 100 friend milestone on Facebook today, and a bunch of them are really fucking hot women.

You chick magnet you. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 05:29:01 PM EST

---------------------------------
    "You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
    Fun fact: by komet (4.00 / 5) #15 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 03:06:39 AM EST
    Facebook friends are not, in fact, actual friends.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

(Comment Deleted) by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #20 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 04:55:43 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by ammoniacal

That one was a bad idea. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #21 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 05:02:43 AM EST
    In any case, my last four sexual relationships started online. Everything has a beginning.

Good. by grendel (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 07:41:25 PM EST
    I'm very glad that it's nothing worse.

So, you've finally been promoted to fry cook? by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 03:18:24 AM EST
    Congratulations. They don't trust just anybody with hot oil.

I'm glad your back problems aren't as bad as they might have been - but I wish you luck with the pain management. Chronic pain can be a bear to live with.

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.

Good news indeed! by zarathus (4.00 / 1) #23 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 09:24:13 AM EST
    Will you be well enough to travel?

----------
    Blogger - n. Someone with nothing to say writing for someone with nothing to do.
    It may take drugs, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 11:27:10 AM EST
    but yes.  The only down side is, the bed I have in Virginia is an air mattress.  Now, it's a nice one mind you...automatically inflates itself, has a bunch of individual chambers, cost me a bit of cash (I got it from Amazon and had it shipped there).  I'm hoping it will work out.  If not, I'll hit up a hotel.
    ---------------------------------