Print Story Clubbing old people
By cam (Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 06:20:46 AM EST) (all tags)
How cynically horrible. Robotic baby seals in lieu of a real pet in order to make old people smile but without all the pooping, grooming and feeding? Humanity can be so disgustingly inhumane when trying to be humane.

Buy a dog/cat you assholes.

Wonder if people putting their parents into old people's homes will start comparison shopping and looking for ones that offer robotic seals for hours and hours of old people fun? Or will they go for the one that has a golden retriever?

< The feel good Nazi death camp movie of the year | No, no sir, I'm afraid they don't make em like that anymore >
Clubbing old people | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The Japanese are wierd by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 06:22:33 AM EST
and I'd suspect them of raising seals for food if they had live pups.

Almost reasonable. by Beechwood 45789 (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 06:41:01 AM EST
"This retirement community doesn't allow pets except during visits."

That would seem to throw a small monkey-wrench into your otherwise brilliant "Buy a dog/cat you assholes" plan.

dont know why you bother by cam (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 07:46:22 AM EST
trolling me. I have been around here long enough that people know I am an easy target. Go find someone harder to make bite.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I recommend slozo. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 09:13:58 AM EST

What's the challenge there? by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #8 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 09:17:45 AM EST

Are you trollbusterizing me, web^^^george? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 09:22:38 AM EST

I thought you had sporting instincts by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 09:26:49 AM EST

Only when I get the blood-lust. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 09:44:25 AM EST
I'm feeling pretty perky today, thanks to my FB harem.

The one from Canada? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 10:19:44 AM EST
Ask her if she knows Bill, or Mike.

Dude by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 10:40:06 AM EST
Fully half of them are Canuckistanis. Friendly ones, they are.

What's to bite? by Beechwood 45789 (4.00 / 4) #11 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 09:37:08 AM EST
It was just a more interesting way of saying RTFA.

Why would anybody troll you? You get into a rage about people making therapeutic toys for people with mental disabilities. And your solution to the inhumane problem of people using technology to help people is to give people with problematic dementia or autism something living to care for.

You're pretty much self-trolling as far as I can figure.

then no need to troll me by cam (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 11:23:51 AM EST
Besides I dont read your diaries; you can always repay the complement.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

You should try them. by Beechwood 45789 (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 01:37:45 AM EST
Developing the close reading skills that poetry rewards might help you avoid these sorts of embarrassing outbursts.

it is amusing by cam (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 05:27:24 AM EST
periodically someone comes through, whether through personal animosity, thinking they have some social right to; or simply because I am an easy target; someone will come through and troll me for a while. Despite this I still post the same stuff, don't change my personality any, and still post to husi. Yet the trolls fade in and out, come and go, have nicks like bond license plates, and so forth.

Anyway, last comment of yours I will be replying to. Good luck with the whole internet persona, hope it works for you.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

don't be such a dick. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 03:58:16 PM EST
if you want a blog where you don't have dissenters, start your own fucking blog. Oh wait -- you do have one. well, go there then.

meh by cam (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 09:50:51 AM EST
Buy a dog/cat by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 06:43:35 AM EST
No. Go to the local shelter and get the animal there.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Where I live that ain't free. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 07:21:53 AM EST
I think it's safe to call that "buying."

Is it the AZN driving up demand? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 07:56:02 AM EST

The robot isn't a bad idea by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #15 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 10:44:57 AM EST
for some folks. There's no guilt if they accidentally kill a robot.

"It's the abstract I deal in; software, and donuts." MohammedNiyalSayeed
I dunno by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #17 Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 02:53:02 PM EST
From the sound of the woman on NPR this morning, she really thought it was a live seal.

Click