Print Story On the 8th day.
By blixco (Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 02:13:46 PM EST) (all tags)
I get hit by a truck.

Let's not even talk about yesterday.  Let's just not do it.  But the net result is, my brand-new gas range is dead, one cable box is dead, and the greehouse is leaning a bit.  Oh, and I had to move the stove to unplug it to prevent the computer from randomly turning the oven on.

There was a lot more that went wrong, but that's the net result, all due to a small thunderstorm.

I'm sort of laughing about it now. The stove won't get repaired for a while; I can't take time off to wait for a service person. Any cooking I had intended is pretty much a no go. I'm just lucky I didn't get struck by lightning.

Today I went to get dog tags for the dogs.  I have to take the dogs in for an evaluation tomorrow at 7:30am, and they needed tags with their names.  So I head to PetCo, get the tags, and as I'm walking back to my car a truck backed into me.

It wasn't much of a hit.  More like a nudge. Then the guy yelled at me to watch where I was going.  I told him to fuck off.

He drove away, glaring, tires smoking.  I thought about chasing him, taking my frustration out on he and his wife and their truck, but my back is too tweaked to run after anyone much less beat them to death.

Let's see...my back has gone out on me since my surgery a total of four or five times.  But each time, by the second day, I can tell it's just muscular.

Not this time.  This is a disk for sure.  Maybe the same disk; the numbness and radiated pain hit the same spots.

I'm going to call my neurosurgeon tomorrow, make an appointment for imaging, and hopefully get surgery scheduled soon. No wasting time, this time. I'll ask about what the biggest step is we can take.  New disks, fusion, whatever.

In the interim, I am doing McKenzie exercises every hour, I don't sit for long, and I'm taking pills.

No one is more disappointed than I.

< If you don't know the subject, | Lemon Meringue >
On the 8th day. | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You live in texas by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 02:17:20 PM EST
can't you just shoot the mother f'er ?

Ya know, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 04:59:31 PM EST
I do have a CCL.  I'm just not prone to carrying or using a weapon. My CCL was more about the training involved.

This guy just needed a brick through his wind shield.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

I was thinkin the same thing by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 05:17:12 PM EST
Shouldn't blixco had had his pistol on the hip, ready for action?

Click
I take it you didn't get the license plate by theboz (4.00 / 3) #2 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 02:27:28 PM EST
It's simply not legal for someone to "nudge" you like that with their truck, especially when it sounds like there is medical damage that the prick owes you for.
- - - - -
Nope. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 05:00:00 PM EST
But maybe I'll see him again someday.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
sweet baby beavis! by clock (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 02:47:20 PM EST
this is why you walk with your keys out.  a perfect opportunity to "adjust" the motherfucker's paint job.  last time someone hit me in a parking lot i was drunk and shattered his windshield.  fucker had it coming.

good lord, son.  get Dr. L back here on the double!  seems to me she's the closest thing you have to something that wards off the evil!

seriously, if you need something, yell...on the phone, i mean.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Yeah, he needs a talisman alright. by ambrosen (4.00 / 3) #4 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 03:13:07 PM EST
I can't believe how much suck is going his way. It's enough to make it look like the wrath of the gods.

But I suspect it's actually just a bummer. So I'll put the white heather away and say "hang in there".

Damn... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 04:20:03 PM EST
You needed the redacted more than I did.  You need anything?  Anything I can do?  At all?

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

I'm good for now. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 04:56:27 PM EST
Tomorrow is a busy day, though, and will determine some needs I may have toward the end of the month. I'll let ya know.

And, thanks.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

If you can find him, sue the fucker by johnny (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 04:21:39 PM EST
about four or five years ago I was just leaving work, my office in Boston's South End. I was riding my bicycle at a reasonable speed through the lot when some woman in an SUV & yacking on a cell phone cut me off going 20+ MPH. I put on the brakes and went ass over tea-kettle, landing on my handlebars. I got up, rode to the exit, where the woman was paying her ticket. I rode up next to her.

She said, I swear I'm not joking, "Oh, I'm glad you're OK. I saw you fall in my mirror."

I said, "Yeah, I could tell how concerned you were by the way you stopped your car and got out to help me. Why don't you watch where you're going and stop yacking on the phone, you inconsiderate moron."

She drove off and I rode home to Somverville, about 5 miles, somewhat uncomfortably. That night I figured out that I had two cracked ribs. Hurt like a bitch-bastard for 4 weeks. Sleeping on my side was impossible; had to sleep on my back. So I snored, and wife would nudge me. In the ribs.

I would have sued her yuppie ass for a billion bucks if I could have found her and proved that she caused my injury.

Hope this rant makes you smile, anyway.
Buy my books, dammit!

I should have by blixco (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 04:57:09 PM EST
paid closer attention to his license plate.  But if I do see him again, I'll teach him a physics lesson.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
surgery by Audrey II (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 03:22:38 AM EST
As much as you want to avoid it, when it's the only option that will actually make things better, do it.
You know my story...all other options just helped me 'manage' the pain.  It's not like they'd even prevent things from getting worse.

I have a friend who had 3 surgeries on her discs and finally had a 2 vertebra fusion a month ago.  Best damn thing she did.

Let us know what the doc says and tell him I said "Hi".  :)

Oh I'm all about surgery now. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 05:15:53 AM EST
I used to want to avoid it, but not anymore.  I recommend surgery for everything.

I left my info fr an appointment today.  We'll see what happens.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

Surgery for everything, huh? by Audrey II (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 07:10:06 AM EST
I got this nasty scratch on my ribs from some coral, what do you recommend?

SURGERY! by blixco (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 10:11:57 AM EST

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
hmmm by Audrey II (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 06:26:51 PM EST
A scratchectomy?  Or should they just remove that portion of the ribs?
I don't know how good I'd look with a large chunk of my torso removed...can I get a second opinion?

:D
hugs
Good luck tomorrow.

we're still torn on that by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 03:35:54 PM EST
i think our biggest hesitation is that we don't know anyone who's been to the docs around here. if we had someone like your doc, i'd probably say go for it...
---------
McKenzie Schmckenzie by bruno (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 12:16:13 PM EST
What you need to do is some Kegel exercises.

On the 8th day. | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback