Print Story CFC4: Meanwhile....
By 256 (Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 12:02:17 PM EST) (all tags)
Meanwhile, 256 has spent nigh unto two years doing little else but meditate upon what sort of act could possibly venture next onto the stage warmed by Comics Fun Challenge the Third.

UPDATE: spacejack is the winner with "Bulletproof". mazel tov.

Meanwhile, so many other stories have come and gone that one thinks they must have lost count until they remember that they never were. Counting, that is.

Meanwhile, 256 logs on to IRC to mention the possibility of an upcoming WFC and, rather than the accolades he richly deserves for so novel an idea is instead firmly rebuked for having delayed so long on the subject of sequential art.

Meanwhile... Ah screw it, you get the point and this is getting tedious. Alright (and by the way, since when is "alright" actually a word?), it's on.

Theme: Give me the dramatic aside. I want the story that occurs in the shadow of the story. Show us that splinter of happenstance that you inject on the brink of the climax to draw the suspense out for five more delicious panels. I would love it if the first panel opened with a "Meanwhile..." caption, but by no means will I be a stickler about that.

Where: http://hulver.panograph.net/cfc.cfm?fc=cfc4

When: I think it unwise to rush a divergence. As such, you have until it will never again be July 2008 anywhere on this Earth.

< Firefox 3 | Still jet lagged. >
CFC4: Meanwhile.... | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Meanwhile... by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 12:07:40 PM EST
VS2FP

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

boo. by garlic (3.00 / 2) #4 Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 02:48:27 PM EST
Can we vote something else to the front page (as well)? anything beechwood posts would be ok. lm's diary 2 ago would be good.

A six panel cap? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 12:59:33 PM EST
Is there a page limit? Two perhaps?

no explicit limit by 256 (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jun 19, 2008 at 02:39:31 AM EST
but i think the theme lends itself to shorter efforts
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Yes, I can host by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 01:06:38 PM EST

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
(Comment Deleted) by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 05:21:44 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by ad hoc

It's reasonably up and running by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jun 18, 2008 at 05:25:46 PM EST
I'm still working on a bunch of stuff for Kellnerin, but hers is more involved. I am still working on it though.

But CFC4 is a go.

here:

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

thank you by 256 (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jun 19, 2008 at 02:39:57 AM EST
and thank you  again
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
colaborators?!? by TPD (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jun 19, 2008 at 01:44:45 AM EST
Anyone?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I offer my services by debacle (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Jun 19, 2008 at 04:20:16 AM EST
As an editor and publisher of your fine work of art.

Should we take winnings, 98% of the glory will be mine. I will forward you 50% of your expected 2% of the glory on completion of a strip.

what kind? by 2 plus 3 equals 5 (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Jun 20, 2008 at 03:23:54 PM EST
You need an artist or a script?

-- Do the math.
Script by TPD (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 12:18:56 AM EST
though my not too stella art only deserves a not too stella script ;)

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Cool by 2 plus 3 equals 5 (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 06:04:03 AM EST
I'll try to get something to you by the 11th or so. Will that give you time enough?

-- Do the math.
should do by TPD (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Jun 24, 2008 at 12:01:59 AM EST
and thanks

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
meant to ask by 2 plus 3 equals 5 (4.00 / 1) #15 Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 02:24:43 PM EST
Do you have a preferred genre? Sci-Fi, urban, rural, elves?

-- Do the math.
Genre by TPD (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 03:40:50 AM EST
does easy to draw count as a genre..... whatever really!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM