Lucky for us we were, just barely, at the point where the new system is functional. None of the new WAN connections were in place, and the backup PRI we had on order was scheduled for installation this week. Oh, and our new provider had given us our DIDs on Thursday.
We managed to piece together four inbound and eight outbound lines, and patched them into the new system via analog gateways that The Boss purchased with the system. That gave us limited use of phones by Friday afternoon, although there were no physical phones distributed, no automated attendant, and nobody knew anybody's extension number.
Phones were distributed by Friday evening, software was installed by Saturday afternoon, and the automated attendant was up and running around 10AM Monday morning. Our provider called to tell us they were turning up the new PRI (our future backup) at noon.
So by 12:15 or so on Monday we were up on the new phone system with 23 lines on the PRI, and the 8 outbound POTS lines as backup. Anyone who cares to ask can do all the usual office phone things, and we're moving around the building nabbing the stragglers.
Honestly, we got lucky. A week ago we had none of the new switches in, and the servers weren't configured. We'd have been capital-F fucked.
|< The House of Judgment. | Firefox 3 >|