Print Story The tension is palpable.
By nightflameblue (Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 03:34:54 AM EST) (all tags)
"I'm gonna govern the f*STRING NOISE* out of this s*STRING NOISE*hole state!" - Nathan Explosion on his write-in victory for the position of Governor of the state of Florida.

And this is the point where I begin to get giddy like a school girl.

I spoke briefly with AFKS last night about the plans for the trip. He wants to take a camera into the show. Think about that for a minute. We're not balcony people. We're not back-row people. We're pit people. We're barricade people. At a death metal show. And he wants to take a camera.

Dubya. Tea. Eff.

I told him he's welcome to take his if he wants, but my two cameras are staying at home because I'm not about to break one in the pursuit of something even stupider than just trying to hold my own in a crowd of sweaty dudes beating the fuck out of each other to the rhythm of *BOOMEDY*BOOMEDY*BOOMEDY*BOOM*

He grew sullen, but sometimes big boys have to make big decisions. He'll get over it.

I ran my ass off this morning doing my share of the weekend chores inside the house. Cleaned the Foreman grill, vacuumed, swept, cleaned the stovetop, shook out the rugs, and generally worked my butt off. The plan was to mow last night but we got one little storm cloud that blasted through in about two minutes out of nowhere that dropped just enough rain to make that seem like not such a good idea. So, I'll try it again tonight.

Then, Saturday, I'm off.

Mrs. NFB has done the usual. She planned out a nice fun day for herself doing something she's been wanting to do for months, then at the last second found some way to avoid doing what she wanted to do in favor of something else. *SHRUG* I'll never understand that.

Saturday night, Chimaira, Soilent Green, and Dethklok. Gotta love bands that can't spell. WOO!

Then the fast drive back and Sunday feeling like hell. Ought to be great fun.

It would be pretty cool if Sioux Falls started getting some shows worth seeing every once in a while. Maybe Disturbed will swing through once they get on their own headlining tour this year. They're opening for Heaven & Hell, Lemmy & Crew and some other older-generation pre-thrash-era band I can't remember right now. But they toured as headliners last time around, I'm sure they'll do it again.

Nathan Explosion in his exit interview from the position of Governor of the state of Florida, speaking to a crowd of one, surrounded by the carnage of the hurricane named Scrambles the Death Dealer - "I'd like to think I left Florida in a better place than where I found it."

DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE!?

< Measuring...measuring | 93 degrees in early June >
The tension is palpable. | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Have you seen by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 03:48:23 AM EST
this?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Also, you need to read by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 04:08:16 AM EST
THAT IS AWESOME [nt] by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 04:23:30 AM EST

``$6500 piece of six-string bliss'' by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 04:59:17 AM EST
I'm in the wrong line of work.

Cicero, The Republic
Aren't we all... by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 05:38:05 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

money for nothing by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 05:53:19 AM EST
Now look at them yo-yos thats the way you do it

It took me a while. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 11:34:54 AM EST
I had to process why this bothered me so much before I could respond. Then I realized that I took the training wheels off my bicycle many years ago too.

But is it palatable? [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 04:02:33 AM EST

FROM THE HILLS OF COLUMBIA! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 04:46:18 AM EST
SCREEEEEAM FOR YOUR CREAAAM!

THE DUNCAN HILLS WILL WAKE YOU! by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 05:00:45 AM EST
I figured you'd be the one to catch it.

Man, that show where Nathan becomes governor of Florida is just HILARIOUS. And their song in that show rules. I hope they get a second album. Season two has had some killer riffin' in it.

Haven't seen the DVD for series 2 by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 05:50:56 AM EST
In the shops over here as yet.  But some of the youtube clips have been killer.

I demand a full report of Saturday's gig!

You'll likely get it. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 05:55:49 AM EST
In one form or another.

Oh and... by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 06:57:55 AM EST
Indestructible has been playing permanently all today.

I fully concur with your opinion on it - I don't think there is a single song on there that I have thought was poor.  Soloing is ripping in a couple of places too with no sacrifice to the melody or groove of the song.  I am going to have to listen to 10,000 fists again this weekend for comparison.

I think they're getting better. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 11:39:57 AM EST
TTF has lots of good in it, but a couple moments that leave me sort of blah. I can't say I've found a moment like that on Indestructible yet. Danny's really finding his place I think. It's kind of cool to watch a lead guitarist develop into a lead guitarist with a real good sense of rhythm instead of watch a flailing idiot devolve into being a rhythm player because he no longer has the ability to flail. His solos now just feel right.

The fact that after only four listens through I'm able to hum some of them tells me he's got it. And the rhythms are just becoming astronomically good.

I know just the camera by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 08:26:19 AM EST

as I have been hovering above "click to buy" on this lil thing all morning. Fuck it, no more hovering; EXECUTE, EXECUTE, EXECUTE!

Not bad. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 11:36:07 AM EST
Though we likely couldn't get it here by tomorrow morning.

The tension is palpable. | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback